Scuba in London??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not really a lot of diving around London - you have to travel a bit - but saying that our idea of travelling and yours are a bit different :wink:

Best places are down in Cornwall/Devon way which are maybe 4-5 hours drive time from London...All do-able in a weekend. More local there's probably Stoney Cove (Google stoney cove + Leicestershire) and you'll find it. Great training place, not so sure how good it is as an actual dive.

In terms of good dive shops - there's quite a few small ones however the best one I know in central London is Ocean Leisure on Embankment.

Check out www.londonscuba.com you may can probably get some better info there.

Oh, thinking about it, probably won't be that cheap considering the exchange rate. Fear sterling :eek:

Oh, and bring your dry suit!! Preferably one with built in central heating.

jrmiah:
I am traveling to London from the US in August of this year, I am looking for a place to go diving while I am there. Does anyone know of some good dive spots and/or dive shops??
thanks

You might want to check out Dorset as well, bit nearer (not much) but around Portland some good diving, suits various levels of ability, shore diving and boat based wreck diving at all sorts of depths.

Echo what Mac said bring your dry suit ! Despite that being the height of summer here best temp you could expect is 18 - 19 deg C.

http://www.divedorset.com

Hi ya

I live in Manchester and up here if you can dive Angelsay in Wales or go further up and dive in Scotland there are some excellent dive sites there, dry suit a definate, I dived in Angelsay last October in a 7mm semidry and couldn't get back in for the 2nd dive as I was far too cold. The other guys went back in but I'm a wimpy girl.

Have fun.

jrmiah:
I am traveling to London from the US in August of this year, I am looking for a place to go diving while I am there. Does anyone know of some good dive spots and/or dive shops??
thanks

Welcome in advance to the Uk - I don't dive in the UK - too cold - but have plenty of dive friends who do - echo - drysuit is a MUST;as a suggestion try logging on to http://www.divernet.com/index.shtml
and trawl thru' their site and this should give you some contact numbers/address/telephone/web site details of dive spots in the UK.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom