Scuba in a reef nano tank...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeguerrero

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
With an ear infection keeping me out of the water this weekend, I pulled out my reef keeping skills and put together a pico reef tank in my room... At only 1 US Gallon she is very tiny, but cute...

Enjoy the video...

Here are the parts to the system...
f41udt.jpg

Simple, yet very effective additives for a pico...
9bf0vt.jpg

Top view of my reef building for such a small tank...
1h5yrs.jpg

AC20 is awesome for waterflow on a pico...
29wra5s.jpg

Very small but she makes an impact where ever she sits...
t7ct2w.jpg

That's great, I have never seen such a small aquarium. Where did you buy it and how much was it? Looks like you had some fun putting it together. Any plans for any fish in it?

Hi Alex,

I've been an avid reef keeper for a very long time and thus went to a nano after I got the experience...

You cannot sustain a nano without such experience effectively...

I plan on placing the rare Catalina goby in this aquarium which is from our coast line, it is the only fish that I can place, if I keep my temps down..

The rest of the corals and polyps are from Indonesia and the Philipines...

Just awesome to have a California goby with warm water corals...

MG

How are you going to keep that fish if you aren't running a chiller on that tank? You know as a temperate water fish, it won't survive warm temps.

How are you going to keep that fish if you aren't running a chiller on that tank? You know as a temperate water fish, it won't survive warm temps.

The Catalina goby will live as long as I keep the temps up to 77 degrees... I've been a avid reefer for over 20 years and have taken first prize on many events world wide... I do know which species are adaptable to the reefing world, but I do thank you for making other non experienced reefers aware of such facts...

One of my tanks the Pico, took first prize for tank of the summer 2005... It was this tank that was featured in a European Reef Magazine...

Here is the picture of my tank that took first prize...

wui4i9.jpg

The Catalina goby will live as long as I keep the temps up to 77 degrees... I've been a avid reefer for over 20 years and have taken first prize on many events world wide... I do know which species are adaptable to the reefing world, but I do thank you for making other non experienced reefers aware of such facts...

One of my tanks the Pico, took first prize for tank of the summer 2005... It was this tank that was featured in a European Reef Magazine...

wui4i9.jpg

Mike that's beautiful! It makes me feel like I am back in the tropics! I'm excited to see your new little friend :)!

wui4i9.jpg

that is one of the coolest things i have seen in a loooong time!

Thanks a lot for that last picture, now you made me want to spend some money to go to the tropics again :eek:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom