• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Scuba Hacks

Discussion in 'City of Houston Underwater Mariners - CHUM' started by Heidi Ho, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Heidi Ho

Heidi Ho Angel Fish

We've got a poll on our CHUM site - when do you fix your own gear? And what are your favorite scuba hacks? We'd love to know.

2. northernone

northernone Great White Rest in Peace ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Unfortunately I'd need to sign up to your forum to participate, and I'm happy where I am already. Feel free to contribute here if you like.

Diy,
    Cameron

3. kr2y5

kr2y5 Solo Diver

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I'm not sure I'd call it my "favorite", but I seem to find myself often standing with a lighter in front of my house, burning the ends of a cord or a bungee while trying not to inhale the plastic fumes. Usually, trying to fiddle with some attachment: longer, shorter, thicker, stiffer, switch to a cord or to a bungee, or with a different boltsnap, or tied differently, or yet something else, largely through trial and error, to reconfigure or to better streamline my equipment.

4. Heidi Ho

Heidi Ho Angel Fish

I'm always looking at other people's gear to see what they have where and how it's attached.

5. Jim Lapenta

Jim Lapenta Dive Shop

# of Dives: 500 - 999