Scuba Goop & Trident U Mark It Paint Gear Paint are same item

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a good product for marking gear. But it is not "specially formulated for marking scuba gear" and can be bought in town for a buck as "Scribbles 3-D Paint" at crafts stores and maybe at Wal-Mart for all I know ... someone said you can get it there.

How do you keep someone from stealing your Trident Paint Pen while diving in Bonaire? :idk:

Put your name on it with a SCUBA PEN- oh crap, thats just a Sharpie with a new label. And it was $8.95 on line. I'm gonna bitch!

:confused: D***, got some mileage out of this goop!

:rofl3: :wavey:

No, he is on a mission. And the mission will not be complete until he has achieved complete destruction.

Phil Ellis
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

For those paying attention.... I dropped by Phil's shop the other day while I was out....

This thread has caused him to move his Scuba Goop display right up next to the cash register for easy access. I can only assume he went ahead and lowered the price to $1/bottle while he was at it.

I was tempted to buy a bottle, just for the hell of it.....

instead, bought a cool Tri-mix T-shirt :thumb: and helped talk someone into buying a ew regulator while I was there.... (they opted not to buy the pink Scuba Goop paint and paint "Hello Kitty" logo's on their new regulator face plate. not sure why not? :idk: )

but it's good to know that he's got it so handy near the cash register, easy to buy, and that I don't have to drive all over town to several different craft shops, wasting gas, to see if they've got it in stock! :thumb: Thanks Phil :thumb:

With that... It's official. We can now close this thread. :dancinglock:

With that... It's official. We can now close this thread. :dancinglock:

Sigh ... if it bothers you so much ....

Well never mind.

It never was about the LDS but large online retailers, who could do well enough profiting 50 cents a bottle but gouge five bucks a bottle instead (up to more than seven bucks, in some cases) ... and claiming in the meantime it is "specially formulated for marking scuba gear" while being too lazy to remove the plainly visible original label underneath.

An amusing thing to notice, and worth sharing for other divers' amusement, if not also to save a couple bucks in sport that costs a lot.

For those who keep insisting that anyone who does not light his Cuban cigars with $100 bills has no right to share in the sport of scuba ... I think thay have a smiley over there for that.

:mooner:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom