SCUBA Gear Repair and Maintenance Tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Douglas Ward

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So other than the rare self maintain/repair brands out there, how does one get the training to be a service tech? As I understand it you have to be associated with a hop before the companies will training you and allow access to their service kits and parts.

So do you really have to convince a shop to hire you and shadow a mentor in the meantime???

Assuming you're not looking to become an official "trained" tech...You don't need "official" training🤷‍♂️ I'm not sure how much is actually taught anyway other than how to swap parts🤔

Service kits are not hard to source with a modicum of effort.

I do believe your understanding is correct though.

A whole wealth of knowledge on reg servicing here on SB and a number of good folk more than happy to share their knowledge and assist.

I apologise if I've misunderstood your post and that in fact you do what to become a tech🙏🏻

.....and allow access
Besides 2 screw drivers and a hammer do you already have the other rebuilding tools? Do you currently own a $10 IP gauge??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom