Scuba Football Fans!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only reason I didn't count wins against Houston is that the the franchise may come out of the gate stronger than we did back in 1999. That and the fact that Offensive Coordinator Palmer was the Browns head coach for two years gives them a coaching edge.

Not that I would mind tallying two more wins this season against the Texans. :D

Good luck this year (well at least for 14 of 16 games).

you can figure out the rest;-0

Having endured the trials and tribulations of the Bengas franchise since their inception the main reason you won't find the Bengals on Monday night is because of the late Paul Brown.

When Howard Cosell, Don Meredith and Frank Gifford were in the booth of MNF, they used to rip the Bengals and this did not bode well with Mr Brown. He made some comments about them and ABC. Since that time they have not played on Monday night, if my memory serves me correctly. I was at Riverfront Stadium when they played the Steelers in their appearance on MNF. I believe that was in October, 1983.

We Dive at Joe Clark's Quarry outside Louisville in LaGrange, Ky. We can also hit Laurel Lake & Lake Cumberland.

The bengals may have a good year. They last went to a Monday Night Football 12 yrs. ago. A yr. after there last Super Bowl appearance. Brown had a heck of a team ALL thru the 80's. I didn't know about the comments to ABC he made. Something that long ago should not matter now. If they don't start Kitna this yr. then that will make 11 Starting QB's in 11 yrs. for the bengals. They must have faith in someone. They should have let Akili work thru his troubles over the past 3 yrs. Instead he has a few bad games and...UH OH...LET'S BENCH HIM. Kitna's stats in Seattle were great. Then he came to Cincy and he went STRAIGHT down hill..F A S T. Kenny Anderson was a great great player and he even took the to the Super Bowl. However, as a QB coach he is not that good.

Send me an e-mail sometime and I'll make a trip down and we can dive together. I've never dove any of those places.

You must be young if you think the Bengals were good throughout the 80's. You must have forgotten the Tiger Johnson and Homer Rice teams of 4 -12 over three consecutive years, just before Forrest Gregg came aboard. I was convinced then that Papa Brown tanked the team to accumulate high first round picks. It paid off during their first Superbowl year. Who knows maybe Mike thinks that 11 years of sub-500 football will do the same.

If it's any consolation wait until daughter Katie takes over. She's more like grandpa than dad.

I live in Michigan, wish we had a PROfessional football team.....so go BROWNS.

I have always wondered how Daughter Katie was. I'm 30 this yr. and remember the bengals perfectly fine throughout the 80's. My first time to a bengals game was in 82 againts the RAMS. Pat Haden made a brief appearance for the rams. For a short dude he could launch that ball like the space shuttle. Bengals did have a few bad yrs. back then but which team did not besides the 49er's. That's my #2 team since Young left. My father lives out there and I love to visit. Of course you know I think Montana was the best in my lifetime so far. The man was remarkable.

Back to the bengals. How much longer before Katie takes over? HOPEFULLY tomorrow. I agree with you and the top picks you referred too. The bengals training camp is only about 12 miles outside Lexington. Training camps are great places to get autographed balls. I was really hoping Bledsoe would come down without any trades. Oh well..We'll see how long Kitna can start this yr. before they bench him.

I am a Cheesehead born and raised.

Let's see what they have managed so far this offseason.

WR Corey Bradford - signed with Texans
WR Bill Schroeder - signed with Lions

However, we were able to get Terry Glenn.

I really liked Schroeder and Bradford though.

They released Dorsey Levins, but they still have Green.

Defensive players Thierry and Rossum signed with the Falcons, so that is a loss.

Hard to say what is going to happen next. We still have Favre, Freeman, and Green. Add Glenn to that, and Favre has some good options.

Only three Monday night games, including the one during preseason. The schedule itself is relativly tough. Of course having to face Minnesota and Chicago twice hurts. They also play SF, and NE in away games, so those could be hard. I am just glad that they still are getting a game in Tampa. I go to this game every year, and was very upset to see that Tampa was no longer in the NFC Central. No more battle of the bays.

All in all, I am very excited about this year. Should be fun to watch!

Back
Top Bottom