Scuba Doooby Doo..... check this out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They used that on an episode of mythbusters once for Adam Savage when they were running shark experiments. Adam has an inner ear problem that prevents him from diving in some way. This allowed him to at least get under water.

"Scuba Doooby Doo..... check this out "
I think you mean Scuba loo?

An "Accidents and Incidences" thread waiting to be posted...

I worked on the BOB boat in St. Thomas a few years ago. I only worked there for seven weeks but it was the hardest work I had done since I left the farm I grew up on.
http://www.bobunderwateradventure.com/

Take a look at this link. They do go about two knots so they can be work to keep up with. On the boat we had one diver (DM or instructor) for each two Bobbers.

The boat pulls up to the cruise ship dock and meets a group from the ships for the 1/2 day excursion. We would get 70 year old ladies who would step off the dive platform for us. They trusted us completely and we never let them down.

The BOBs were tethered to a float so they could only drop 8 feet. The rider got to push the go button and steer. I was amazed at how many times I saw the group go straight ahead while my bobbers split and went left and right. Chasing them down is a workout.

One of these days I want to take my wife down there and do the tour. And she's rescue certified. It is just a fun little ride. Oh, and it was mentioned to me that they had those things down to 60 fsw just to see how they go. No problem. And they are extremely stable. You couldn't tip one over in the water if you tried.

Some of you guys are really close minded(is this a word?). They have been using these things in japan for a while now.. no problems with the equipment that i have heard of. I dont see what the big deal is with people wanting to do this.. Contrary to SB belief, some people dont want to get scuba cert'd and i say more power to them. As for these things, they look interesting but i would have a problem not being able to get a close up look of things.

edit: when this first topic came up i thought it looked purty unsafe.. but now that i found out a little more information i would say.. がんばれ go for it!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom