Scuba Diving's "Top 100 Reader's Choice Survey" is in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And that would be the main point upon which we disagree! :rofl3:
:10:

okay, what magazine do you see as better?? Sport Diver? Dive Training? Alert Diver? (we get them all as my hubby is an instructor).
I don't consider Undercurrrents as a magazine, plus it has huge flaws, too. And it doesn't have pretty photos. :D

robin:D

That'll be a US survey then. Plenty of Caribbean, not much of the rest of the world.

The advanced diving and observational abilities required to patiently appreciate the diverse macro on the South side of Roatan? That kept it off the list.

I am curious about the advanced diving abilities required for this. Could you describe them?

Anyone know about Currents magazine? Are there others besides SDM that are better?

Are you asking about Undercurrrents? It isn't really a magazine but a monthly flier and an annual Diver's Chapbook. There are no advertisers in it and no pictures, so their claim is that they are the only resource without any bias. I find much of the articles and reports very interesting and informative...but I take them with a grain of salt. The Chapbook is nothing but trip reports - People either love or hate very strongly the dive destinations, dive resorts, liveaboards, etc. and sometimes the reports get downright nasty.

:D

IMHO I have long been dissatisfied with the Reader's Choice Survey issue. It reflects the limited dive experience of the magazine's readership. There are so many great places that are not even touched on including almost the entire continents of South America and Africa. I'd much rather see a broader representation, but then I guess it couldn't be a reader's choice determination.

Back
Top Bottom