Scuba Deaths

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am totally new to diving. However, I learn from other folks very well, thus the reason I just bought my own gear so I can make sure I am limiting all the risk factors I have control of and practice, practice, practice... That being said....

My thought on this is as simple as the reason I am joining the diving ranks. My job requires me to work long hours, high stress, and likely is killing me, but it pays the bills and I don't see the lottery coming my way any time soon. Now that is what I call dangerous!

Adding scuba already has decreased mys stress level, helped me loose 48 lbs (since Christmas...thank you thank you), brought my blood pressure under control with no medications and got me from behind the desk.

Now from my point of view, it is all how we define what is dangerous....for me yes scuba may be dangerious, but more dangerous is the fact I was living to work and not working to live....now I work to buy scuba gear and pay for the next dive...boy my job is great now!

Last time I checked we all got to go and have little control of the timing. If I go 10 yeasr eariler because of a diving accident, even though I am new to this sport, I will go much happier than 10 years later with no scuba in my life.

PS: My wife doesn't dive....again making my point that above the surface is more dangerous than below it. (haha)

MagicDave:
My thought on this is as simple as the reason I am joining the diving ranks. My job requires me to work long hours, high stress, and likely is killing me, but it pays the bills and I don't see the lottery coming my way any time soon. Now that is what I call dangerous!

Adding scuba already has decreased mys stress level, helped me loose 48 lbs (since Christmas...thank you thank you), brought my blood pressure under control with no medications and got me from behind the desk...
Awesome! ...and I can *absolutely* relate...

Safe diving...

Back
Top Bottom