scuba.com experiences?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used scuba.com to purchase my u/w camera. No problems, delivered as promised, works as advertised. They do send alot of ads but I use a yahoo e-mail account for all shopping so no big deal as far as spam.

I've never ordered from them. I almost did once...had items in my cart, but changed my mind. They emailed me several times about the cart asking if I wanted to complete the order, blah, blah. Now they send me promo emails at *least* daily. So, they kind of annoy me.

Also, since discovering scubatoys, I can't imagine why anyone would order online from anywhere else. Call Larry and he'll meet or beat any price, and in general set you up with a great deal, usually better than you hoped for. Larry is also incredibly helpful, and will spend time on the phone helping you learn new gear. He just set me up with a great deal on a computer and offered to help walk me through getting it set up and everything. I really can't imagine any advantage any other online retailer would have over scubatoys, unless scubatoys just doesn't have what you want.

Gregg

You know... there is the chance I've got the obscure stuff... just don't have it on the site. Anytime feel free to call... It's not that I want all the business.... oh wait... yes it is. :wink:

Henrikdk:
Hi,

Does anyone here have any buying experiences with scuba.com in CA??

Good or bad :06:

-Henrik

I called to order some fins.

I was told: "Try them out. If you do not like them, send them back"

Used them 15 minutes in a pool. They were too stiff for me. I called to tell them and was now told that since they were used there was a 25% restocking charge. With freight both ways this is $40.00!

Would never knowingly pay $40.00 to try a pair of $100.00 fins

After some discussion, I asked for the manager. He said no one would have told me the information I stated about returning them without restocking charges. He was nasty and inferred that I was not truthful. If we had been face to face I would have willingly gone to jail in exchange for punching him out.

WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH SCUBA.COM AGAIN

Cagemaker

I used them about a year ago. The shipping was a bit steep but the sales person I spoke to was well informed enough (Course Director) and at the time, the IDI tri-metal reviewed very well. But now the warranty is gone with IDI . . . and my regulator hammer is my problem and XS scuba has failed twice to return messages. Oh well, just bad luck with IDI.

DeepDog :cheers:

Bought a BC from their store last summer. Liked the people I met there and would of kept the BC if it would of been a zeagle (that's what I really wanted and settled for another since they were out). They struck me as a bunch of divers that started a diveshop/mailorder business to support their habit. Nice people. By the end of vacation I had buyers remorse and had found the BC I really wanted and returned the BC I had purchased from them (my mistake my freight, didn't bother me at all). Didn't follow up on my return as I should and a couple of months later (yeah, call me a idiot) I called the CC company to check on the return credit and it wasn't there. Called scuba.com and they tracked down the order and confirmed that they hadn't credited my account. Credit was applied within 2 days. My only grip is that I paid 2 months of interest and didn't get that back (small gripe).

I would buy from them again if they have something I needed (uhhh.....make that wanted). They are nice people and the people I met there are divers not just there to make money.

Nowdays if I order it is from Larry and his crew. Good people there as well and they are only a day or two away by the big brown truck.

Brian

Well - to end this thread I can tell all you guys, that I ordered the things needed from Scubatoys - also the ones that I didn't find on their website.
Great service, fast shipment - and good prices!

I will buy from them next time I'm in the states. :dazzler1:

FYI - didn't even get responses from scuba.com on all my questions (some of them)

Safe diving

-Henrik

Well...OK...almost last word.

My wife and I bought the bulk of our gear at Scuba.com back in December, at the store not over the net. Very helpful, I thought the prices were very competitive with the other LDSs in the area. BCs were $60 cheaper than we found elsewhere. Afterwards we found the Mares regs $80 cheaper, each, at SportChalet. Scuba.com honored their 150% price match guarantee, and gave us the $240 in store credit. OK, it's not cash, but it gave us a chance to buy our weights and hoods that we had not yet purchased, and we still had enough store credit left over for a few other goodies we would not have bought otherwise. They didn't give us any attitude, and were very helpful when it came to discussing the equipment.

So far, so good with Scuba.com. Maybe actually being in the store makes a difference with them? Time will tell. We are close enough to be using their shop for our annual equipment checks.

Back
Top Bottom