Scuba Club Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At Blue Angel during high season a 7 night stay with 5 days of 2 boat dives is $1355.00 for 2 divers. If you dive with them the unlimited shore diving there is included. Breakfast is included in the package and is very good.

Meanwhile, I had already inquired at SCC but didin't get a response and TripAdvisor said my requested dates are not available so I'm now wondering if there is a Scuba Club Invasion next month? I didn't find one on a search here.

Meanwhile, I had already inquired at SCC but didin't get a response and TripAdvisor said my requested dates are not available so I'm now wondering if there is a Scuba Club Invasion next month? I didn't find one on a search here.

Not a good place to go if they are heavily booked. They have some good rooms and some dungeons.

When I was in Coz earlier this month I poked around SCC a little bit. Seemed like the same type of dive resort as Blue Angel. Nothing upscale but not bad by any means. Blue Angel is quite a bit smaller as they only have around 24 rooms I think. I did want to try the shore dive at SCC but didnt want to lug my gear down there. I definitely would not want an all inclusive buffet style meal plan in Coz though, just too many good choices.

I finally read this thread. I stayed at this hotel on my very first trip to Cozumel. Roughly 1995 as part of a dive shop trip.

Who can provide the previous name of this hotel?

While I can see why a lot of people are regulars, I have never been back. All inclusive is not my preference and I have been with multiple dive shops over the years.

I have also stayed at a variety of hotels from Pepita, Costa Brava, Fiesta Inn (or whatever it was when I went), Bahia, Casa Mexicana, Hacienda San Miguel, Fontan, Mary Carmen, El Cozumeleno, Flamingo and Fiesta Americana. Perhaps the best is Villa Aldora but even it is not the right choice for everyone.

There are so many dive shops where you will have a better dive experience that getting the dives as part of a "package" is not for me.

Find the hotel that works. Find a dive op that works for you and as long as you can accept some possible allowances for the reality of Cozumel diving, you will be fine.

The Galapagos Inn is the old name, I believe.

Good enough. It may have been the Galapago Inn but I might be wrong.

You're right, Galapago it was, just found an old picture (not mine).

An extra "s" is not a problem. Remember the Dan Quayle "potato/potatoe" controversy. That was a national nightmare.

I finally read this thread. I stayed at this hotel on my very first trip to Cozumel. Roughly 1995 as part of a dive shop trip.

Who can provide the previous name of this hotel?

While I can see why a lot of people are regulars, I have never been back. All inclusive is not my preference and I have been with multiple dive shops over the years.

I have also stayed at a variety of hotels from Pepita, Costa Brava, Fiesta Inn (or whatever it was when I went), Bahia, Casa Mexicana, Hacienda San Miguel, Fontan, Mary Carmen, El Cozumeleno, Flamingo and Fiesta Americana. Perhaps the best is Villa Aldora but even it is not the right choice for everyone.

There are so many dive shops where you will have a better dive experience that getting the dives as part of a "package" is not for me.

Find the hotel that works. Find a dive op that works for you and as long as you can accept some possible allowances for the reality of Cozumel diving, you will be fine.

Could you describe the pluses and minuses of the Pepita please?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom