Scuba Club Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reminds me of the 20 some yr. old girls we saw last time we were there. Running to make the boat as they were out partying till 2 or 3 am. hung over and never on time, complaining about the schedule not being on their time and such. We went all the way down to Punta Sur and still made it back with plenty of time for lunch and a few shore dives afterwards.

Reminds me of the 20 some yr. old girls we saw last time we were there. Running to make the boat as they were out parting till 2 or 3 am. hung over and never on time, complaining about the schedule not being on their time and such. We went all the way down to Punta Sur and still made it back with plenty of time for lunch and a few shore dives afterwards.
did those girls also show up for breakfast 15 minutes early?

I'm sorry you didn't have a wonderful time at SCC. Please, return to Cozumel and try another resort more to your liking.

DSAO

Seriously? You expected a dive resort to pay for your plane tickets?

If you know of one that will, please post their contact information here. We'll send them more business than they can handle.

Hello,

That's was not my point. I listed all the not-included items for this all-inclusive resort. The plane trip is just one of them.

I just expected to have better diving with a diving resort. I did not.

You seem to have a problem with unreasonable expections and insufficient research.

You probably should save your $$$$ for a drysuit.

My expectation was to have a better experience as a diver going to a diving resort than I usually have going to an all-inclusive resort where I dive with a separate diving operation. Is that really unreasonable?

I did a lot a research and saw some comments about most of the points I listed, but it was a comment here and there by separate users, with a ton a good reviews from others, so I figured out it should be OK.

But it was not. You seem to think that I'm a careless user/traveler? I travel a lot and I dive a lot. In the last 12 months I have been diving in Guadeloupe, Republican Republic, Cozumel and of course Canada. I know what it's like elsewhere and I stand to my opinion about SCC.

I'm sorry you didn't have a wonderful time at SCC. Please, return to Cozumel and try another resort more to your liking.

DSAO

I liked Cozumel, so I will be returning! Somewhere else than SCC though.

Scathing review.

A few mentionables:

I do find the tip sheet to be quite rude. I have never seen that before, or perhaps never noticed.

Diving Paradise 3 times is quite sucky, a little lazy.

Their website talks about their "beach" a few times. Calling it so is a bit of a stretch.

No mention of the extra fee for the C-53 on their website either.

The 7:00am breakfast before an 8:30am departure seems ample. Not sure why you were on the pier at 7:50, and personally, I like lunch pretty quickly after returning from diving, so an hour or so there seems ok to me.

The rides to the sites can be long with many dive ops on Cozumel - the waters are often very rough, and 60 min is not uncommon to get to Palancar or thereabouts from that part of the island. Too bad that you were on what sounds like exceptionally poor boats.

I had heard some good things about SCC, although I have never used them.

Sorry to hear that your expectations were not met, and thanks for the review.

PS: Curious to know what other dive destinations you have been to, for the sake of comparison.

Finally, a reply not coming from a SCC Fanboy!

For the breakfast, the boats leave at 8, not 8:30, and if everybody is there, they leave sooner. Somethimes we left before 8:00. So that puts pressure on fellow divers to get ready before 8, hence having less time for breakfast.

About your last question: I travel a lot and I dive a lot. In the past year I also went to Guadeloupe and Republican Republic and of course in Canada. I also went to Jamaica.

Usually, I go to all-inclusive resorts, at least 4 stars, and dive with nearby diving operations. All for about the same price it cost me in SCC. My expectation was to have a better experience as a diver in a diving resort. That's why I'm sad I didn't.

Thanks for the review... I thought it was well thought out. No, not everyone likes the long rides. Diving with lots of friends makes those long trips "OK". There are some islands where the average drive to the sites are about five minutes.

$2.50 tax each dive???

No, 2.50$ / Day. Typing error I'm sorry I edited my post thanks.

I made the correction as soon as I saw it.

All dive ops are not handling it this way. Some pay the cash and include it. I've only dove with 2 ops in Cozumel and it was included. In Puerto Morelos they have the same thing and it has always been included in the dive price. Penny ante way to get a few dollars.

That's what I think, should be included in the package price.

But as I replied to the other person :
No, 2.50$ / Day. Typing error I'm sorry I edited my post thanks.

I made the correction as soon as I saw it.

Back
Top Bottom