Scuba assault investigation - Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just watch whale wars....

I do, no worries. Paul Watson screamed bloody murder after he had tried to stop Norwegian whaling and gotten into an incident with our Coast Guard. He claimed - on international media - that his boat had been rammed by a Norwegian Coast Guard ship. Problem was, there was aerial footage of the incident, clearly showing the wake from the Sea Shepherd boat. They did a ninety degree turn to starboard just before it was hit squarely on the starboard side by the Coast Guard vessel. Now, who rammed whom?

You will see just what these a$$-hats do....
They do a lot of things. But just as English fox hunters should face prosecution if they ride down anti-hunting activists, and Scandinavian wolf and lynx hunters should face a murder prosecution if they decide to shoot the anti-hunting activists that ruin the hunt, ripping someone's reg out under water is inexcusable unless it's done in evident self defense.

Fact: The guy swam over to her and attacked her underwater, removing her air supply. That can't be excused, no matter her actions. He lost it, he lost. Period. There are no extenuating circumstances, not for an action as grave as that. The "she asked for it" argument is simply not valid. No matter how she "asked for it". No matter how obnoxious she was, she did not deserve to be put in serious danger.

Like I said.... I have no pity for her....

Jim...

Fact: The guy swam over to her and attacked her underwater, removing her air supply. That can't be excused, no matter her actions. He lost it, he lost. Period. There are no extenuating circumstances, not for an action as grave as that. The "she asked for it" argument is simply not valid. No matter how she "asked for it". No matter how obnoxious she was, she did not deserve to be put in serious danger.

I guess I don't really see how that's an attack. Losing a reg is something that can happen when you dive. You learn to deal with it before dive1 in open water class. I think I read that she had thousands of dives. Then suddenly the same thing she learned to deal with before dive1 is life threatening? I think it's BS. Clearly the jury in HI disagrees with me, so it doesn't matter what I think. It does seem insane to find him guilty of a terrorism related charge for this.

images.jpgI already know what our Norvegian will say :)

Whaw, this is a clearly terrorist vicious assault. Glad you got on video :)

I have no pity for her....
Irrelevant.

Do you believe in equal protection of the law? I think it's mentioned in your Constitution's 14th Amendment. If you believe in the 14th amendment, her "obnoxiousness" and your "pity" is irrelevant.

If person A initiates a physical attack, with potentially fatal consequences, on person B it does. not. matter. how nice a person A is, and how deplorable a person B is. A might be the love child of St. Francis and Mother Teresa, brought up by Mohandas Gandhi; if person A initiates a physical attack on person B, he. has. lost. It doesn't matter if B is obnoxious, has been videoing person A, or even if B is a KKK activist, repeat child molester and murderer. Person A initiated the violence, person A is wrong. Period. And you don't hand-wave away person A's actions by victim-blaming person B for B's previous actions.

It does seem insane to find him guilty of a terrorism related charge for this.
Of course. That's ridiculous. It's got nothing to do with terrorism. It's just violent crime. My issue is with the victim-blaming and the handwaving of the assault.

I believe.... If you play with fire.... Don't cry you got burned... Don't poke a dog with a stick and then cry you got bit... " THEY " know what they are doing.. They play in traffic and then get mad they were hit by a car...

She was very well aware that stalking and harassing the fish collector could and most likely cause a confrontation... She was so sure of it... They got it all on tape...

Sorry I don't buy into their game...

Jim....

Oh look, both sides are still flailing away :D
10155873_10153957862423504_5695253957717599370_n.jpg

Well said, oldschoolto :). I have been on her facebook account. A bitter lady that, together with her organisation, is more than delighted that an idiot got caught.

kinky-rudolf.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom