SCUBA and sick

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had all kinds of pains in my shoulders, ribs and back when I started this. I don't know how big your wife is, but I'm 5'4" and 115 pounds, and carrying 50+ pounds around on my shoulders did nasty things. My husband and I used to joke after every pool session that I had the bends because I had all this body pain . . . It gets better, but carrying that much weight ISN'T easy on your physiology.

For some people, learning to dive may be a cake walk. It wasn't for me. And I wasn't even sure I wanted to do it when I went into it. That's why I wrote my journal of my OW class, and why my friends encouraged me to publish it. But in the end, I got so hooked that my husband, who wanted me to do this, is bitterly regretting ever having gotten me started. Maybe it can be the same way for your wife, if she can find a motivation to get through the initial "Oh my God this is awful" stage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom