SCUBA acronyms !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iguana Don

Reaction score
Since LD started to open this little "Can O' Worms" I thought I would get out the Milwaukee Industrial Can Opener and start a new thread on this.

Since this Board started we have come up with some
"interesting" acronyms for various items and events. A prime example is:

WHM- Warhammer Manuver

Let's start a list and make them official!

ID

You forgot you own 'new' one:
  • studs - stock tank underwater discovery society

and then there is...
  • CAD - Candy Ass Diver
... just a start of the exsisting ones, I'm putting my thinking cap for new ones.

Originally posted by Iguana Don
Since this Board started we have come up with some "interesting" acronyms for various items and events. A prime example is:

WHM- Warhammer Manuver
What's the warhammer manoeuvre? :confused:

SP&P small, pretty and pink, (diving gear that is inflicted on women)

-bash

Originally posted by bash

What's the warhammer manoeuvre? :confused:

SP&P small, pretty and pink, (diving gear that is inflicted on women)

-bash

Bash

You don't want to know. It's not a pretty sight.

Basicly it caused one big "eeewwww!!!" on the board.

Originally posted by DivingGal
You forgot you own 'new' one:
  • stud - scuba tank underwater discovery

and then there is...
  • CAD - Candy Ass Diver
... just a start of the exsisting ones, I'm putting my thinking cap for new ones.

That is the slang version the proper term is

CAD Comfortable Alert Diver

then add

LHB Low Hanging Branch

HRR Hit and Run Rock

BTW by the way

Co-founder and VP marketing CAD

Let me give you the straight POOP before somebody comes in here and CLOUDS the issue and spills all the BEANS.

Last year during a trip to Barbados (I think) one of our illustrious Moderators (Warhammer) was diving with some of the other Board Members. Scubababy and Syruss32 I think.

They had the usual morning breakfast of fruit and toast, but for some reason Warhammer thinks he has a cast iron stomach and just had to have some of those refried black beans & salsa they always serve.

Anyway after breakfast off they go to the boat. During the trip out to the dive site, Warhammer starts complaining of an upset stomach. Syruss32 asks him if he is going to stay on the boat, Warhammer says, "and waste all that good money I paid for this trip, no way Jose." Down into the water they went, Scubababy was taking pics as Warhammer and Syruss32 were kicking along.

When all of a sudden Warhammer gets this pain and gives the sign, Syruss32 starts to go up thinking Warhammer meant to abort the dive (lucky for him) and Scubababy starts snapping off pics left and right. And right there in the smack dab middle of the ocean for God and everybody to see, Warhammer pulls what has now become the famous

Warhammer Manuver

Be forewarned fair maiden, before you click on the above, put your drink down and get out your monitor towel cuz you're gonna need it. Also swallow whatever you have in your mouth.

Thank goodness Dee & I were off doing some nice safe PSR or we would have been on that trip also.

You just had to ask!

ID

Nothing like the Warhammer manuver to start your day! LOL Don.
Back to the subject here ...

LDS = Local Dive Shop
IMHO = In My Humble Opinion

:sunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom