Scuabamau diving accident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being that we are on page 47, I believe that human nature being what it is that people will take an interest in who is running the shop and "what the names are".
The fact that the boats are up and running is not a compelling fact. Check out all the "who should i dive with threads". People like to see names attached.

Being that we are on page 47, I believe that human nature being what it is that people will take an interest in who is running the shop and "what the names are".
The fact that the boats are up and running is not a compelling fact. Check out all the "who should i dive with threads". People like to see names attached.

Hi Jackie, I am not sure who you are directing your comment to so I will answer if you sort of explain what you mean a little clearer. I'm good looking not smart.
Mau has opened another Scubamau with the original name. The old Scubamau leftover dms, Monkey, Eddie, and a couple others are still there. The shop is run by Ishi, Roger and Victor. Mau is the only one that has left. I hope that is compelling enough. The old Scubamau gang has not told me the new name yet. Stay tuned.....:D

I just don't know at all. Kevin/Firstdive says "The shop was signed over before the incident. The reasons dont matter," which I presume is factual - so the family may be out? When I was there in August and Opal told me that Mau was out, I asked if she was going to rename the shop previously named for him, and she said no. I think it really would be good to move on to a new name, for example The Boyz Dive Shop, formerly Scuba Mau" as a transition, but that's just my thought. I'm curious as to the why & how but that's up to whoever owns it, to be settled locally. If it was a Texas divorce court involved, it could be different - but they have their own laws & courts of course.

This is entirely speculation because I don't know any specifics of their relationship or split, but if Opal and Mau's divorce was typical, I'm guessing Opal signed the shop over to the boyz to make it further from Mau's grasp. IJS

This is entirely speculation because I don't know any specifics of their relationship or split, but if Opal and Mau's divorce was typical, I'm guessing Opal signed the shop over to the boyz to make it further from Mau's grasp. IJS
Wrong==what does it matter the reason, it happened and I know why and I'm not telling you why. Leave it at the girls. Isnt it good enough that Mau has opened Scubamau part deux and the left over gang at the old scubamau are going to rename the shop. As to the new name, I dont know it. Good diving to ya.

Considering all that has occurred let us not squabble about all the little behind the scenes stuff.
These folks are all fun to dive with, and I would be more than happy to dive with any of them again the next time we hit Cozumel, no matter what name is on either shop.

Please don't do that. Please. and Thank You

Wrong==what does it matter the reason, it happened and I know why and I'm not telling you why. Leave it at the girls. Isnt it good enough that Mau has opened Scubamau part deux and the left over gang at the old scubamau are going to rename the shop. As to the new name, I dont know it. Good diving to ya.

Like I said, I don't know the particulars of Opal and Mau's situation. I was merely putting forth a typical progression that frequently occurs in divorce situations. Good to know Mau will still be around and offering dives.

Does anyone know if there is another e-mail for the shop other than Opal's? I'm trying to set up a dive trip with the boys for January. I used that e-mail but have had no response.

It's inevitable (like death and taxes), and even allowed in the forum. Speculation has to be labeled as such, though.

I am pretty sure that most SB readers will give appropriate weight to a post commenting upon legal matters in Mexico made by a non-lawyer from Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom