Scrubbing with EANx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And how many time can you do that before there's not enough pressure left to get the required volume?

I have three O2 cylinders. One by one, as the pressure drops, they are relegated to continuing blending. But eventually the pressure in the other two drop and you just can't get the needed volume. At some point you've to go top off with EAN40. I could just keep ordering new O2 cylidners, but at some point I'm gonna have 10 cylinders strapped to the wall with 500 PSI, all waiting to be drained as I blend EAN into my doubles.

Sometimes you can plan your gas around your dive, but other times you've got to tweak the dive plan around the available gas.

Get smaller cylinders so it doesn't take so much recreational nitrox to use one up and exchange it for a full one. 125cf works great for me at my tech to recreational dive ratio

And how many time can you do that before there's not enough pressure left to get the required volume?

I have three O2 cylinders. One by one, as the pressure drops, they are relegated to continuing blending. But eventually the pressure in the other two drop and you just can't get the needed volume. At some point you've to go top off with EAN40. I could just keep ordering new O2 cylidners, but at some point I'm gonna have 10 cylinders strapped to the wall with 500 PSI, all waiting to be drained as I blend EAN into my doubles.

Sometimes you can plan your gas around your dive, but other times you've got to tweak the dive plan around the available gas.

True you do waste some by having to switch out T's but O2 is one of the cheaper things in dives below 200'. Also if you are talking dives shallower that 200' you do not even need 2000 psi.

What happened to my thread!:cool2:

Back
Top Bottom