scratches, scoffing on uw cam case

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
guys i have made a very painful mistake, i was very careless and tried to clean the outer part of my uw case (the plastic area that shows the viewfinder) with cloth that apparently has some abrasive qualities. i notice that when i view pics or am looking at the lcd underwater, i notice the scratches are pretty bad most especially when their is sun overhead and its certainly a distraction to me.

is there a quick fix to this, any creams or solvents that could make the polycarbonate scratchless again? thanks

I got some plexiglas polish/scratch remover when I got a scratch on my computer lens protector. It does work, takes some elbow grease.

Try something like This Stuff

Another good plastic fixer-upper is the NOVUS #3 & #2 scratch remover, I've used the stuff extensively & it works great. Get some of the #3 to start with, it'll get the scratch out & then use the #2 for the final polish. Or... if the scratches are barely deep, you might get by with the #2 all by itself.
US Plastic sells the stuff in small bottles, they ship fast too.
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pr...splastic&category_name=25396&product_id=19362

I don't know if they ship USPS at all, watch out for UPS or they may tack on some brokerage fees.

Micro Mesh is used in the aviation field to remove scratches in plastic transparencies such as windows and sight glasses. Never had to try it on a housing, but it is an option to consider. I would also be wary of any chemical treatment to fix your problem. Good luck.

Jet

thanks guys youve been great help, defintely checking them solutions out:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom