Scratches/Perdix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, I know this thread is old, but I'm looking for a new screen protector for my perdix...I looked at dgx, and Amazon... But both products have reviews saying the product is terrible and cheap, and makes the screen hard to read... So, does anyone have experience other than sending the unit back to shearwater with replacement screen protectors?

I’m completely anal about maintaining my equipment and trying to prevent screen scratches. I saw my Perdix had a screen protector, but I went to the Dollar Store nearby and bought a cheap cell phone screen protector and cut it to size of my Perdix. I then installed that cheap screen protector to protect my Perdix screen protector. It was easy to install, cost $5.00, and if it gets scratched, so what...I just put a new cheap one on. It has worked great. No effect on screen brightness or anything. I can’t even tell it is there.

Back
Top Bottom