Scott3 face mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MARK74

Contributor
Reaction score
Good morning friends, yesterday looking at the seastar website (I recommend it) I came across this wonderful rarity.
I hope one of the gurus can tell me something, greetings from Malaga.
scott3 mk.jpg

And this photo is priceless, the super-equipped guy and the girl in a swimsuit and a smile.
1968_hlw_catalog.jpg

Isn't a Scott masked diver featured in doff and don illustrations in the Fred Roberts how to dive book

Perhaps it's in this title of numerous authors

newsci-2.jpg

I don’t really know much about it, but I do have a complete set.

The mask is part of the Scott-Hydropack system. Scott has been around for a long time making SCBA for firefighter and other hostile breathing "Hazmat" environments.

Scott is now owned by 3M, and makes the Scott Air-Pak, which is a firefighter SCBA system:
"3M™ Scott™ Air-Pak™ X3 Pro SCBA"

The Scott-Hydropack consisted of the full-face mask with demand valve, the first stage, the cylinder (mounted with the valve on the bottom, like a typical SCBA), and the back-pack.

Here is some information:

The Hydropack was a direct competition to the Aqua-Lung, but AFAIK it was a lot more expensive.

BTW, the original Aqua-Lung was the name used by US Divers for the complete system: “the regulator, tank, and harness” made a complete Aqua-Lung system.

I have been looking for more information on the Scott Hydropack (including manuals, diagrams, and more history), but I am still looking.

I need to service and dive the one I have.

Thank you both very much. Luis, you are a living encyclopedia of diving, thank you very much for everything.
When you come to Spain, I'll wait for you with a bottle of "El Gaitero" cider.

A hug

I had some really good cider with my relatives in Aviles... That was in 1980, after I graduated from college...

That was along time ago.

That sounds good :cool:

to bring you good memories my friend, I hope to have the pleasure of having one with you one day​

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom