Scorpionfish Pic, Isla Rasa Rio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crawl79

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
One of only a few pics I like with my new camera. Had allot of current and with it particulates in the water on this day. Also water temp was around 15C or 59F which for me is very cold.

Attachments

• scorpoinfish.jpg
    scorpoinfish.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 91
That's a nice picture. And yes, that's cold for me, too.

Nice shot, and can I have your 59f? We've had a typical 48-54 this winter. It usually gets colder in summer.

Looking for a new wetsuit and a hood, would have never guessed the water would be so cold down here when its so hot topside. But I enjoy diving new places and since this is where I will be doing most of my diving now I plan on getting the right protection and getting used to the cold water.
Larry same here its colder in the summer or so I hear only made one dive in the winter and I was very cold. I was wondering why all the guys on the boat had full suits and a hood and had my 3mil shorty. Once I got in I knew why but it was too late then. I think there is strong current from the south that follows the coast up to Rio in the summer but with it follows some pretty good marine life. I saw penguins on more than one occasion but not yet while diving, usually on the surface and looking pretty tired.

Attachments

• DSC00930.jpg
    DSC00930.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 32
Yeah, probably the 3mil shorty was a bit shortsighted. I dive a 7,8,9 with built in hood. Most of the serious divers around here are in dry suits.

Nice shot! Yes, 59 degrees is cold!

Next to nudibranchs scorpionfish are one of my favourite subjects - nice capture.

As Larry says, send us some of that warm water - it's 8C or 46F here at the moment.

59F? A balmy day in Lake Michigan. In fact, I would need a saw to get at any water around here right now, or an airplane..........Scorpion fish are like those 3D paintings, where you have to look at the pattern before you can find the fish.

I agree for most 59 degrees is not so cold, but its summer in Brazil and the air temp was more like upper 80's lower 90's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom