Scoob Noob on Board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NikoSuave

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello Diving Community,

I just obtained my SSI OW, AOW, and NITROX certs. My LDS is Adventure Sports 2 in Montgomery, AL. Tom Smedley and Rick Murchison are my dive instructors. I've always had a passion for diving but I never actually pursued it until this past summer when I got my OW cert in July down at Vortex Springs. I'm an IT geek during the day for a public school system. I'm a bookworm at night reading some dive books and textbooks for my MBA program . I'm currently reading "Shadow Divers" and "Diver Down - Real World Scuba Accidents and How to Avoid Them". I'm learning a lot from the Diver Down book. I can't put down Shadow Divers! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone here.

Call me Rich...

Welcome. I was an Gulf diver back in the 90s and would drop in on Adenture Sports whenever I got to Montgomery. Took some training there. Great guys.

Check out the book and media board to share your observations on the books you are reading. Shadow Divers is a great one. You might find Deep Descent and Fatal Depth to be equally as interesting. Lots of good diving books out there.

I'll check those books out you recommended. Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom