Scientific Dive Class Aquarena Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll probably have more time after the first of the year to join you.

:auto: :wave-smil

archman:
Hey Jay, how was the vis in the training area? The A&M Scuba Club was in there right before you folks on Saturday, and the water clarity "afterwards" dropped to about 12 feet. I should have told the divers to use their hands... half of them lost their buddies too. Yuk.

Jay - Welcome to my FAVORITE diving!! - Looks like we all missed a possible formal Swamp Diver Handshaking session - I was there immediately after the Aggies with a lone OW student - and scooted just as the gigantic Scientific Diver class descended on us!

Arch... I called the vis about 20 feet and was astounded to see it so miserable - no good artifacts though..... by the time we finished and the Scientific class showed up - it was back up to 30+ feet, still pretty hazy for Aquarena.

Welcome to all - I'll look forward to actually meeting & Diving!

-=>Larry<=-:
Arch... I called the vis about 20 feet and was astounded to see it so miserable - no good artifacts though..... by the time we finished and the Scientific class showed up - it was back up to 30+ feet, still pretty hazy for Aquarena.
Wow, what part of the training area were you in? I had 17 aggies in the water, and after the first ten minutes the best vis I could find was maybe 14 feet. Behind the submarine it was down to 3 feet... some numbskulls must've kicked up the embanked dirt. I got completely disoriented at one point and surfaced out beyond the buoy line... how embarrassing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom