Science Diet.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timeliner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
.... And So even though I have not been posting any daring dive reports that get me into trouble I have been working on some special research projects aimed at helping the common folk to find that special place we all call Neutral Buoyancy.

Instead of altering the amounts of Lead I carry I have been experimenting with different types of Pre-Dive foods.
Lead has a fixed weight value that must be considered in relation to the diminishing weight value of the air being used during a dive. Food on the other hand is being Metabolized by our bodies as we dive and therefore it reduces it’s weight in the process.

The goal is to have a food that will satisfy us, give us energy and expand our overall surface area and thus create more body volume and buoyancy at the start of the dive. Through Metabolism, by the end of the dive we want a negative body volume and buoyancy to counter act the 4-5 pound positive shift in our cylinder weight due to air consumption.

Numerous foods were tried and after months of exhaustive efforts I hit upon a main staple of our diets that works just perfect.
This food item is high energy and provides the needed abdominal expansion for the start of the dive. It also compresses once at depth and does not expand during the ascent.
It tastes great, is easy to eat anytime and is loved by people of all ages and is available everywhere.

Little Chocolate Marsh Mallows

Give 'em a try ! :wink:

I do go out on a limb sometimes don't I ? :D

Better the be thought the fool and to speak and remove all doubt too :rofl3:

Dogs really don't eat Marsh Mellows do they ?

from the internet.....

I used to have a Labrador retriever & I was buying a large bag of Purina at Wal-Mart and was in line to check out. A woman behind me asked if I had a dog(?). On impulse, I told her that no, I was starting The Purina Diet again, although I probably shouldn't because I'd ended up in the hospital last time but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms. I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that it works is to load your pants pockets with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry & that the food is nutritionally complete so I was going to try it again.

I have to mention here that practically everyone in the line was by now enthralled with my story, particularly a tall, black guy who was behind her.

Horrified, she asked if I'd been poisoned. I told her no; I'd been sitting in the street licking my balls and a car hit me. I thought the black guy was going to have to stagger out the door.

I never did think about Science Diet being a dog food but hey RV .......
" Soylent Green " right ? How does that work as a Pre-Dive food ?

A good pre-dive food should produce sufficient lifting gas to offset the initial negative buoyancy at the start of the dive, yet be easily released in carefully measured quantity during the dive to achieve the negative offset required at the end of the dive.

Joe-Diver:
A good pre-dive food should produce sufficient lifting gas to offset the initial negative buoyancy at the start of the dive, yet be easily released in carefully measured quantity during the dive to achieve the negative offset required at the end of the dive.

That would be Sonic !

This was so darn funny that I spit coffee on the screen and keyboard..
Thank you for making my day...

Andrew

RV:
from the internet.....

Horrified, she asked if I'd been poisoned. I told her no; I'd been sitting in the street licking my balls and a car hit me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom