Schematics and Maintenance Manual for this old Cressi 1st stage from the early 80's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ParrotfishNick

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello I need help with an old Cressi 1st stage that a client drop off for servicing. I believe it is an F2/Galaxy from the early 80's. It is the same as pictured in a publicity ad (attached) and disassembled (attached). Ideally I am looking for a complete maintenance manual and/or schematics. I mainly need help with the procedure to set the IP pressure. I am a Cressi Master Technician and even the head of the Cressi regulator division in Italy doesn't know what this one is as it was before he joined the company. Any help from you old crusty and infinitely knowledgeable and experienced technician would be appreciated!!!
CRESSI SUB F2 Galaxie.jpg
IMG_4327.JPG
IMG_4326.JPG
IMG_4325.JPG
IMG_4324.JPG
QOBV2463.JPG
IMG_4328.JPG

Hi Nick
Unfortunately it's indeed not easy to find Vintage Manuals or Schematics of Cressi Sub. I'm looking for them for years with little luck.
I also have only all the modern Manuals, but I found some F3 Schematics, which seem to show a very similar 1st as you seem to have.
Since your reg is pretty clear a SP MK2-108 Clone, I wouldn't bother too much about the IP, but would just check how high it is after reassembling the first.
My guess would be that it is in the SP models range, so if you are in the 135psi +/-10 psi range, I guess you should achieve a reasonable Cracking Effort on your second.
Probably is the orifice, which seems to be screwed into the body one possibility to adjust the IP, just a guess.
Anyway, nice reg!

Attachments

• CRESSI SUB F3 1ST STAGE.pdf
    162 KB · Views: 232
Hey Axxel57, thanks very much for your imput and the schematics. I agree with you that older maintenance manuals can be pretty hard to find. I would bet that they have one somewhere at Cressi in Genoa in the archives somewhere but it might be tough for me to get someone to look. The head of the regulator department simply said "He should just buy an AC2 no?" lol. That being said I like the challenge of trying to make this old beauty work.

Yeah, it's amazing how little often people working in the technical department of a manufacturer are interested in the history and historical development of their products.
I know the same with Scubapro here in Europe.
No idea and no interest.
But at least here they helped me to find a certain manual and I was grateful for that.
Even for their regulator museum in Italy they needed help from collectors to get more or less complete.
It's a bit a shame, but seems to be normal.
Maybe you could ask your guy if he could get you an e-mail address in Genoa where you could investigate.
Could be that you find there someone who appreciates your interests in Vintage Cessi regs and is willing to help.
Anyway, good luck, and let us know if you were able to get that beauty working again.:cheers:

The Galaxy series replaced the previous Polaris series (metal 2nd stage). And again there was an unbalanced version, equipped with a MK2-clone, and named Polaris 4:
CRESSI-catalogo-1976---53_0.jpg

And a balanced version, equipped with a MK5-clone, named Polaris 5s:

CRESSI-catalogo-1976---52_0.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom