scba to yoke fill adapter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

newdiverAZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a place I could purchase an adapter to fill a yoke type scuba cylinder from a compressor at a firehouse. The next question is some of the fireman have told me that their compressor is one filter short of what a dive shop would have. They are not sure of the grading of their air, but said the air is good to a certain depth, they thought 110' does this make sense or is it not worth the effort. The convenience of getting fills there is pretty good being my work is next door to the firehouse, and the dive shop is a 40 minute ride. the 40 mins is not worth a safety sacrifice though.

Thanx
Brian

Brian,

I believe Leisure Pro sells the adapter you are looking for. I also work next to our local Fire department, If the dive shop wasn't next door to the FD I'd consider buying the mentioned adapter. As far as the air quality, I'm not sure as it most likely varies from one location to the other. The dive shop owner also works on the FD's air compressor and I believe they are pretty much the same systems as far as air quality.

Let me help you hear with this one as, I work as a paramedic with some of the local fire depts.
first you need to look at there air quality certificate , also contact the manufacture of the compressor and ask what there standards are ect what it would take to upgrade to dive air.
the local fire dept also needed only one more filter which I purchased and installed my self with there approval , that was a year ago now since then there local budget has picked up the price of filter and I am able to still get air fills , just make sure they get there air sampled and inspected regularly. I hope this help , remember you have to give a little to recieve little in times when budgets are tight and streched !!!

is there a depth limit for certain grades of air. A few of the fireman have said they have been down 110' on this air? They use a makeshift filler, which I don't want to use as I don't want to run into liability issues. I wouldn't mind buying an extra filter to save the trip into town.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom