scanning photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
hey everyone

I would like to scan all my photos on to the computer. It's is very time consuming to scan them one by one. I have an HP OfficeJet series scanner/printer/fax. How can I scan them all in one batch? Anyone use a special program?

Jalal

jalal

Batch scanning lots of photos at once depends on if you are scanning the prints or the negatives. if your scanning the negatives there are softwares that can help you batch scan negs (but this depends on your scanner to as most older ones dont have this capability) also ifyou have a dedicated scanner (film) it will do batch jobs as long as it set up right to do it.

if your scanning prints unfortunately this is going to be a manuel process as im not aware of scanners that will do document scans via batch set up.

hope this helps

Tooth

We have an HP scanner with an atomatic feed in the lid. You put a stack of pictures (4x6) in it and the scanner does the rest.

There's a downside to batch scanning - you can't make those minor adjustments that reduce the time needed in photoshop later. If this isn't a problem with your photos, great! But any that need a little tlc will have to be done one at a time.

Wish I had your scanner, lisa...I have a ton of prints that are just in a box!

we bought the printer to do just that....BUT the pictures are still in the box...they never deliver enough time with the things you buy...

justleesa:
We have an HP scanner with an atomatic feed in the lid. You put a stack of pictures (4x6) in it and the scanner does the rest.

my Hp does that as well, but the thing is, it scans everything as one "document" and so i have to save the pages one by one. and even then it doesnt work so right because the same picture (the first one) comes out over and over.

i tried a batch scan with photoshop CS, but then i need to save each picture one by one. so i am stuck now..

Jalal

The solution to batch scanning seems to be to invest a huge bankroll in a drum scanner or take your stuff to a lab that will do it for you. Both are very expensive and IMO not practical. I pick my best shots, que up the scanner, and walk away while it works. The negative scanner only works one film strip at a time. Slow, yes ... but you dont have to sit and watch the screen.

---Bob

i found a place that will print my pictures and put them on a cd for free. the image quality isnt bad either so that is fine i guess..

i have the same problem and am planning to use the DigMyPics service. It costs a bit but is really a good deal when you factor in the time it all takes and the gear you need.

All I need to do now is actually do it.....

diver371:
hey everyone

I would like to scan all my photos on to the computer. It's is very time consuming to scan them one by one. I have an HP OfficeJet series scanner/printer/fax. How can I scan them all in one batch? Anyone use a special program?

Jalal

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom