Scandinavian diving equipment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crock

Contributor
Reaction score
My friend wants to sell me a drysuit for $1000. It is the "Viking l SCANDINAVIAN DIVING EQUIPMENT" Is this a good price? what does it sell for new? Do they have a website? Is it a good brand for a drysuit?

Thanks

It depends on the item condition. The Pro 1000 suit is sold for $1500-2000 new. If the suit is the latest one (with rotatable inlet valve) with all original accessories and not at all worn, the price will not be bad. The suit is very easy to maintenance, so that it is the first choice of many commercial/public safety divers. About comfort of wear , however, there may be a lot of better ones. Their website is at www.vikingdiving.com.

Viking makes the best non-neopene dry suit made in my opinion. They are quick to doff and don, easily repaired, wont stain and take a tremendous amount of punishment. They are expensive and obviously you have to compare the model / market price that the guy is trying to sell you, but it gets a 10 out of 10 score from me (and I think you will find from the commercial diving sector in general). :)

Back
Top Bottom