Scallop diving job NW Scotland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hi any work this year/ im australian guy hard worker nitrox live abord is good happy worker good man on the boat chers danny

I would totally take this job... but i'm not in Scotland, and i'd probably eat everything i got before i even hit the surface :/

<<< Loves seafood waaaay too much :)

hey !!I want the job! but I dont have dry suit cert, I can learn though very fast is you give me the course!
This is Disgusting!! PADI and these other so called PRO. OUTFITS are charging people for things like DRY-SUIT Tickets! HA! Ha! Ha! ............. What a laugh!
Save your money Bud and most definately keep it from these "Greedy Money Devouring B'stards!"
You'll need a bit more weight than, when using a wet suit with a BCD, but with DRY-Suit you dont need a BCD. If you're a confident swimmer, the best way to learn is to go into the shallows,
prefrerably with a friend and a good number of spare weights and try to get neutral buoyancey.
You might need ancle weights, depending on your natural incline, or swim stance.
Use the Inflation & Dump Valves on your suit. Dump all the air out & add enough weight untill you sink, as you sink, gradually add short blasts of air to the suit, until you become neutrally
buoyant. Fiddle around a bit, enjoy your self!

I'm a HSE Saturation diver. Tell me what the rate is per weight and if agree-able, I'll give you a
hand.

Does everybody realize this was a 2007 thread?
I don't think the OP has posted since then?

Good luck in your venture! :crafty:you will need it unless you do a video survey before getting wet, especially if bottom time is limited. How many times have divers been time barred empty handed. Use a drop camera to investigate the bottom before entry and have a better chance of success.:) Do a night shift as well, use high power led drop lights and make the bottom light up!! Now thats diving..21st century
I produce all of these essentials,100msw rated, for sale or rental. as you wish, demo possible!
Norman. mob 07720 430 203, info@hollaneng.co.uk good luck!

I heard that scottish women don't shave their arm pits or legs.
Is that true?
Would keep yah nice and warm after them long cold scallop dives.

JPB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom