SC Divers Please help me, LOL.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaknott

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So my problem is that I am in Sumter SC for 4 weeks and I brought my scuba gear but apparently their is no local diving near by. Surely you guys have some water holes to go jump in when you want to get wet.

I am trying to make it to the Cooper River while I am here but a lake, rock quarry, shore dive, anything would be good to me.

So if anyone can help please give me a hollar, LOL.

Thanks a bunch.

Try ClarkHill. The dam has some good diving. Contact Diveproff here on SB.

There is lake Jocassee where there are alot of divers every weekend. You can jump on a dive boat, or do walk in diving from the divers ramp. There is a dive shop out at the lake for what ever you need. From Sumter it might be a 3 or 4 hour drive, but well worth it. Hope this helps.

Myrtle beach is only about 2 hours from sumter. Pretty good diving out of there or even a little south Murrels Inlet/Georgetown. Charleston has good diving also.

I live in Columbia - Sumter is about 40 minutes from here?? Lake Jocassee is 2 hours and 45 minutes from NE Columbia. I think Jocassee is definitely a must-dive, at least once. Lake Norman Quarry is about 1.5 hours from NE Columbia. It's a private quarry, and you join through the PDRA, but the dues are really inexpensive.

do you have plans to dive jocassee any time soon or at least know someone that may be heading that way? I would like to get up if possible.

So my problem is that I am in Sumter SC for 4 weeks and I brought my scuba gear but apparently their is no local diving near by. Surely you guys have some water holes to go jump in when you want to get wet.

I am trying to make it to the Cooper River while I am here but a lake, rock quarry, shore dive, anything would be good to me.

So if anyone can help please give me a hollar, LOL.

Thanks a bunch.

I agree with the comments from the others - Lake Jocassee is a good choice, there is always Charleston or Savannah offshore or river (blackwater fossil diving). A new member of our local diving group (Augusta, GA) lived in sumter until about 3 months ago. I think he feels like he has died and gone to dive heaven with the dive options available locally compared to what he could find in Sumter :D. We have a nice lake dive and river dives in Augusta.

Last edited:
Hey Aquaknott

A couple of us are planing on diving the divers ramp this weekend coming up Sat. the 23rd. We are planing on doing a cook out and 2 to 4 dives whatever your up to. Your more than welcome to come join us. Looks like we could turn this into a SB event. you can PM me for details, if you would be intrested in coming up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom