SB failing to load

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

livinoz

Contributor
Reaction score
A few of us in Aussie-land are having multiple problems loading SB and posting. I can't post a direct reply to anyone, and I can't use the "quote" function. My only means of posting is to use the "quick reply" function, and even that is slow as slow. We all keep getting a "timeout" error message when using Firefox.

As those of us having the same problems are thousands of kms apart, it is unlikely to be a local ISP issue.

Can someone have a look at this please as it's extremely frustrating.

Thanks.

i Second that .. and i have no trouble with other web sites be they local or overseas

Yes I keep getting time out messages. I click resend and it comes up and says I haven't got enough characters in the message and the message window is empty of what I had typed.

If I manage to get into Advanced Message... after waiting for several Time Out's I can't even click on and use an emoticon from the main list. Can't open the More Emoticon window at all.

The only thing that seems to work is the quick reply feature and as Liv said that is very slow when it works.

What browsers are you all using? Firefox and Google Chrome are much faster than Explorer for example.

A few of us in Aussie-land are having multiple problems loading SB and posting. I can't post a direct reply to anyone, and I can't use the "quote" function. My only means of posting is to use the "quick reply" function, and even that is slow as slow. We all keep getting a "timeout" error message when using Firefox.

Didn't your friendly local government just install some sort of web filter?

Terry

Hey guys...

I am having problems as well, Took about 6 minutes to open the home page, and is still very slow to open any post, I have also treid shutting down and reopening the page.:depressed:

Hey guys...

I am having problems as well, Took about 6 minutes to open the home page, and is still very slow to open any post, I have also treid shutting down and reopening the page.:depressed:

What browsers are you all using? Firefox and Google Chrome are much faster than Explorer for example.

I'm guess Explorer for all who are having time problems...?

Or AOL, which runs on Explorer.

If you'd like to check your general computer speed...

Free Full Scans at PC Pitstop: Free PC Scans and Tune-up Utilities can be enlightening.

Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test can give you your current speeds to discuss with your server. I called ATT and told them I wanted faster speed at no extra cost. We compromised on fastest at a discount off of their published rates - altho I am considering cable.

Check for Ad/Spyware that can slow you down with free programs at Lavasoft.com, Spybot S&D, Malwarbytes.com

Of course, weekly Defrag (skip analysis - just do it), Disc Clean, Disc Check, and Clear History helps a lot.

Due to our continued growth we've managed to overload the Database Server again during peak periods. So server timeouts have become unavoidable for the near future. afaik, a new one is in the process of being ordered.

It happened to me 3 or 4 times tonite.

Hi DD, good to see you back...

Yes I keep getting time out messages. I click resend and it comes up and says I haven't got enough characters in the message and the message window is empty of what I had typed.
What I would suggest doing temporarily is after you've typed a reply but before you hit Post Reply or Preview Post, highlight the text in the box and select it all. Then copy it (rightclick on PC - not sure on a Mac) into your PC's buffer.

Then if it times out, you can just paste the reply back into the window and try again.

command-C to copy on Mac.

command-V to paste.

control-click is equal to right click on the pc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom