SB failing to load

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Due to our continued growth we've managed to overload the Database Server again during peak periods. So server timeouts have become unavoidable for the near future. afaik, a new one is in the process of being ordered.

It happened to me 3 or 4 times tonite.

Hi DD, good to see you back...

Thanks Steve.
That is what I was thinking was happening.

Hey there is a bright side, that just means the board is continuing to grow .. and that is a good thing:D

Thanks... I have been doing that the last while... but sometimes I forget and trust it will go through... and of course Murphy's Law kicks in...

We fixed the problem tonite so let us know if SB now works as well in OZ as it does here.
The culprit was finally found today. One server banned the other! :rofl3: All of the load was going only to ONE server. :no: It was resolved at about 10:00pm today, and the load balancing looks AWESOME. :crafty:

Thanks for your patience as we worked through this one. We have hard coded the servers against this kind of snafu in the future.

Scubaboard is very slow loading on my computer....in Belize...?. I frequent 3-4 other sites and SB is by far the slowest. I thought it was due to the high flow of traffic, but another site is very fast and just as busy. ?

Still having issues loading SB
Just a minute ago while using Firefox I received this message

"Connection Interrupted
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again."

Are the servers still not playing nice?

Trouble loading SB and opening threads all this week. Just now took me 3 tries to open this thread, and loading photos the last several nights was... quite frustrating to put it mildly. Several times I've closed and re opened my browser, or had both computers on SB at the same time, jumping to the one that gets through best at the time. Here I'm using Firefox and at work Explorer. Experience more trouble here, but then I am using SB more actively from home than work.

Maybe it’s just me but I have also had problems with SB the last few days. I got the following message a few minutes ago:

Database error
The ScubaBoard database has encountered a problem.

This is a new one!!

This forum requires that you wait 10 seconds between searches. Please try again in 417 seconds.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom