SB Board Member James Ringold has passed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
R
Not funny - this is a serious thread. In fact, it especially hits home here on SB as this diver had started a thread on this trip that he and his wife were on in the Keys and were posting updates. Tragedy is not the time for a poor attempt at humor.

RIP to James Ringold & condolences to his family & friends.

Could you post the link to his thread?

Thanks
Dan

RIP, prayers to family and friends

I feel horrible for questioning his decision to drive from Atlanta rather than fly down in that other thread. He seemed to be having such a good time so far. Mods, feel free to move this to the Condolences forum. I have nothing to say as far as accident analysis. I am speechless.

such sad news......condolences to his family, friends and colleagues.....

I just saw this thread this morning, and went back and read some of what jringold had posted regarding his trip, and his concerns regarding nitrox, and MOD.

I never met this man, and yet I feel I know him well. In the 25 years I've been diving, I have often had the pleasure of meeting, and getting to know folks just like him. The passion for the sport that he had recently discovered, leading to a thirst for knowledge, and a friendly nature that leads you quickly in to conversations that make it seem like you have known each other for many years. You either posses these qualities, or you don't, and from what I've seen on this board he certainly did.

We lost one of our own this past weekend, and I would like to also send my condolences to his family and friends.

Well said @TechDeep I could not agree with you more. James (jringold) will be missed by all on SB. Condolences and prayers for his family and friends

Peace and Love to those affected by this tragedy! All of us....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom