Saw this on San Clemente Pier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim R Alcoser JR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339167139.170556.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1339167160.699952.jpg

On my way to Sea World this morning and I stopped by San Clemente pier. Saw this memorial to a local diver and conservationist, do I thought I would share!

Dr.Wheeler North!
95 views and not one comment!

Dr.Wheeler North was a diver, researcher, educator, author and highly respected member of the pioneer tribe. He was one of the most informed brilliant gentleman I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Although he had the title of "Doctor" from his SIO PhD, he preferred to be addressed simply as "Wheeler."
He was an author of a concise SCUBA instruction book long before it was popular to put another dollar in to purchase diving knowledge.

The San Clemente pier plaque was placed in his honor for his kelp bed research and the large artificial reef established in his name off then city of San Clemente.

When you return home to Upland, the diving capital of the IE, it is suggested that you research Dr Wheeler North and post your findings...
SDM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom