Saving the unsaveable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I started with the first image. It was a grab - no time to check my settings, I just swung the camera around and pulled the trigger. Hence the absolutely fabulous composition (what NOT to do) and the equally spectacular exposure (at least under is better than over!)

When I first looked at it, I was going to toss it, but then decided to keep it as it is the only shot I currently have of these guys.

After reading countless threads about fixing images, I used this image for my first practice session in my new PS CS. I rotated (this is a great thing), then cropped, then used the nifty shadow/highlight feature. Then I used the elliptical selection tool for the very first time ever and the unsharpen tool on just his eye. A bit of the healing brush and cloning tool to remove the worst of the backscatter and viola!

I think the resulting image is at least acceptable as an ID shot, so am happy. And the learning that came from playing around was great...to continue the process I would love your comments and suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom