Savannah Dive review with Mako Dive Charter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JBRES1

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just got back in town from a vacation to South Carolina and Georgia.
Went diving with Mako Dive Charter while in the Savannah .
They are a new dive company in the Savannah area, and run a 32' Boston Whaler set up for diving.(nice boat)
Link to site- http://makodivecharter.com/index.html
The owner/capt. Walt took us out for a 2 tank dive on Sat July 14 th. to a tug boat wreck that sits about 28 miles off shore in 80 ft of water. The diving was great, but the vis was poor. The vis was about 20 to 25 ft at best, ( stormed night before the dive).
Mako Dive charters runs a maximum of 6 divers per trip, so no cattle boat diving.
If you are into spear fishing, they also do dive fishing trips.
This is a small operation, so they are very hands on. If this was a movie review I would give them 2 thumbs up.

side note- Capt. Walt is an Army Ranger , so you know its done by the book.

When I get back to Savannah I will dive with them again.
Thanks, Jim Breslin

heh, you would be surprised at the size 21> boats you see out there. 32 is actually on the larger size for our area...

-Michael

JBRES1:
The diving was great, but the vis was poor. The vis was about 20 to 25 ft at best,

20-25 is poor? heh heh.....you need to come dive Lanier my friend:D Poor is when I can't see Ed's feet as he goes down the line ahead of me. Good is when I can see his knees:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom