Sau Bay vs Paradise Taveuni

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReadyDiverOne

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
He’ll all. I’ve read all of the recent posts re Paradise but don’t see any about Sau Bay. Can anyone tell me about the comparative differences?

Thanks!

its very new (only really started running last year) so I don't think there are many that would have stayed at both

the biggest question mark for sau bay would be the quality of the house reef. the advantage for paradise is you can do shore dives at your leisure that are pretty good quality without having to pay extra for more boat dives on top of the package if you want to do over 15 dives in the week.

We stayed at Sau Bay in January and left a bit underwhelmed with the operation. It could be a pleasant place to stay and dive in the future. It still seems like a work in progress and the new owner is trying to get it up and running. There were several maintenance issues with only a couple of working air conditioners and the generators broke down while we were there. Because the generator was not working they could not fill the tanks onsite so we had to spend boat time waiting for tanks to be filled at another resort. It was quite hot in January and the first bure they gave us had no working air conditioner but they assured us a technician would be arriving soon to fix it, that never happened the entire week. They did move us into another unit after we pleaded for help, there was no wind and it was really uncomfortable. The dive operation was good and they took us to the white wall. The support for uw photographers was not good, no rinse tank for cameras on the boat or back at the resort. They pointed to a concrete rinse tub that was full of sand and debris for my camera setup. 🥵 The bures were small and had no comfortable place to sit inside or on the small patio outfitted with 2 very uncomfortable chairs. Finally, there was a bit of tension between the staff and the owner who was onsite for our week, a couple of staff members said the new owner was reluctant to spend the money to make the resort functional.

Wow very helpful, but concerning!! I have a query into BlueWater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom