Saturday's (6/12) Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Today's dive was on the WW II LVT-4 wreck at 57 feet with Bob, a Maui visitor friend and former co-worker.

Bob checking out the wreck.
061204a.jpg

Bob finds an M1 Carbine bullet after it being in the ocean for approximately 60 years. A definite "keeper".
061204b.jpg

Green Sea Turtle cruising away from the wreck.
061204c.jpg

Ooh...love that turtle shot!

Awsome pics, again. One thing, that's not and M1 carbine round. They are only about 2 inches long. Looks like M1 Garand aka 30/06.....So, Ive ordered the 5060, Im taking a photo shop class, yet somehow I just don't expect pics like yours. Ever think about writing the underwater photo book? I could sure use some tips.

I lived in Maui and I don't know that one. Any chance you'll share?

Oh-so lucky to have all that in your "backyard" :)

Wildcard,
1. Thanks for setting me straight on the M1 round. I should have known that. I was in Army Basic Training in, ahhhh, sometime around 1963. I was in one of the first Training Company's that switched from the M1 Rifle to the M14 Rifle, which is also a relic at this point in time.
2. The LVT-4 is at 57 feet located off the Maui Prince Hotel in the Wailea area. Approx. 100 yards North of it at 60 feet is an Armored Mark 4 Tracked Landing Vehicle. It no longer looks like this photo I took as a boat anchor is alleged to have pulled it apart.
Neither are a shore dive as they are too far from shore.
3. Never would write a book as I am an amateur photographer. As far as taking good photos, it's all about knowing your camera and practice, the latter of which I get to do a lot of because of where I live. The Mark 4 shot below was taken before I started using Manual White Balance.

makenatank1.jpg

makenatank2.jpg

as always, very nice G

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom