Saturday May 13 trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am going to have to bow out as well. The Wife Has given me a list and said no excuses :lightingz

Well so far the weather forecast seems to be improving. Have you made a final call on the dive tomorrow, or holding out til the last minute?

For those who won't be going on this trip, you're welcome to join my dive club and me at Venice Beach. We're meeting at 9 and are planning a picnic on the beach.

Rats, missed this thread until today. Was looking in the South Florida trips. Isn't this in the wrong forum? After all Venice is in SW Florida.

This thread isn't about Venice, it's about a trip farther north, I just invited those who aren't going to join us in the south. Gulf/Atlantic/Fresh division would be more logical than N/C/S.

No, I'm definetly calling it. 20 something miles off shore with marginal seas and a full 21' foot boat means I'll be too worried about all that and not be able to enjoy the dive. After calling the last 3 out of 4 Gulf dives due to weather (and not until I was in the weather) I'm just not into beating myself, the boat, and fellow divers up anymore in bad seas.

Venice sounds nice, but I think I'm gonna do that place from a boat from now on. cleaning endless amounts of sand out of my gear and truck for several dives after the Venice dives has taken all the fun out of shore diving for me. Once I get the trailer for the boat I'll start doing Venice again. Then we can get the BIG teeth from the "boneyard".

Still thinking of Rainbow river, just need to nail down the price of the one-way trip up the river by pontoon boat, should know just after lunch today.

N@rco$i$:
No, I'm definetly calling it. . . .
. . .
Still thinking of Rainbow river, just need to nail down the price of the one-way trip up the river by pontoon boat, should know just after lunch today.

I do agree on cancelling the boat trip. Should you go to RR please let me know, never dove in a river, it should be interesting.

TheCaptain:
I do agree on cancelling the boat trip. Should you go to RR please let me know, never dove in a river, it should be interesting.

Will do.

TheCaptain:

Rainbow River is beautiful. I have a really good story to share - about something that happened there. I will save it.

You will like it Captain - very clear, very pretty.

Narcosis knows me and knows I don't care for springs but Rainbow I like.

Narc - is EanDiver coming?

OK, if interested the boat ride up the river is $10.00 and the access to the river is $3.00 we can show up anytime between 9am and 10:30. I have to call the guy back in the morning to give him an estimate on people, so if anybody's interested please PM me tonight.

I figured we would decide on a 2nd dive and location (if you all want to)together tomorrow.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom