Saturday CSSP report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...thanks for the report randyjoy!

.......sounds like I won't be visiting the silo anytime soon........pitch black and freezing isn't my idea of fun.

I'm assuming the vis from the surface to the 1st 'cline is still decent though? How deep is the 1st 'cline now and what's the temp of the top layer (surface downward)?

Karl

It was about 73-75 above the first thermocline (warmer than the air in the morning, I nearly froze when I got out, but sure was comfy whilst still in the water!) and decent vis if you get there early enough. First thermocline at about 35' or so (give it a while, like November-December, and it will disappear entirely, and the whole lake will be about 45 degrees).

F-F-F-Forty-f-f-f-five d-d-d-deg-g-g-grees??? Th-Th-Th-That's t-t-t-too c-c-c-cold f-f-f-for m-m-m-me....:cold:

I was out at Clear Springs this past weekend (10-26) to test out my new underwater camera before I head off to Cozumel with it. I think those perch work in teams, the little bastards!

As long as my dive buddy and I were moving, we just saw the occasional fish...but I stopped for a nice photo opportunity and all of a sudden I was surrounded by about 30 of them. Cool!...I thought. I popped on the macro lens and started slowly following one around trying to get a good shot. Well, what I didn't know was that the perch I was trying to photograph had an accomplice. THWAP! The little bastard drew blood! In no uncertain terms, I pointed to a few of them and said "screw you...screw you...screw all of you! I'm taking my camera and going home!".

Most of the pics were bad, but here's some of my "better" shots:

uw1.txt

uw2.txt

uw3.txt

uw4.txt

Back
Top Bottom