Saturday, April 30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mle_osu

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Is there anyone going diving anywhere near the DFW area Satuday? I have a new bc i would like to try out, but dont want to go very far to dive. I know some people were going to Lake Travis, but I wanted something closer this weekend.

Foo, myself, and probably Timeliner will be at CSSP with a group of people out of Tyler tomorrow, and you're certainly welcome to join us. I'm not sure exactly where everybody will set up, but I'll be in a Ford Expedition, blue with tan trim, and Foo drives a white Monte Carlo. The group will be from Scuba Steve's Dive Shop. I think Foo said they usually set up over by the campgrounds on the SE side, but I'm not sure. I'll be there by 9:30 or 10:00. As I said, you're certainly welcome to join us.

I'll be at CSSP Sunday. I drive a Black extended cab GMC truck and my buddy and I are both pretty big guys. Hard to miss us.

This is my first time out to CSSP, so that is about all I can tell ya. My buddy is trying out a new reg and we both bought some new steel tanks, so we well be working on trim and weights. I am also practicing my pony bottle skills w/ an AL40. It is huge and yellow and hanging off my left side. My guess is I will be the only one with a 130 on his back, a 40 slung on his left side and a 60 ft max depth lake. :D

Troy and I will be at CSSP for dives 1 & 2 with a student who couldn't fit into any other class schedule we had. We are planning on getting there at about 10:30AM to set up. We will be on the North Side directly facing into the wind. Ugh. Will the wind every stop? We have a black Avalanche with a shark on the center/top back window. We will stop by the Scuba Steve group so I can hand in our registration for the Trash Fest.

It turns out I wont be able to make it out this weekend :( but hopefully soon. Thanks so much for everyone's invites... I hope turning them down now doesnt affect future invites! :wink: I would think about going sunday, but I can only go in the afternoon. Let me get some more things situated and I'll be out diving with ya'll in no time!

Have great dives tomorrow!!

I went to the game tonight, and when the cold front came in and the wind picked up, it played havoc with my sinuses. I'm getting a sore throat now, so I better not go. I'll try again next weekend. :frown:

We just got back from CSSP. Water temp was 65 degrees. That's not to bad but coupled with the 15 MPH North wind, it was brutal! I was cold and I am not usually that cold natured. Viz was good at least 15 to 20 feet. We dove near the plane because all of the shelters were taken up on the North side by Scuba Steve's and Grapevine Scuba. I must confess we used the plane for a few skills with our student. I just complained about that on this board not even a couple of months ago. It was only out of necessity and I now know why people do it. No platform down on that end. The "perchana" circled in close but no gnawing today. This summer is going to be a doozy at CSSP. I have feeling it is going to get crowded! Our shop business is really picking up and that is a good indication of a busy summer. We will be out there the next two weekends for sure and then probably Memorial Day! Have fun and keep diving!

Debraw:
The "perchana" circled in close but no gnawing today. This summer is going to be a doozy at CSSP.

My best friend and I were in the top most covered area and I remember seeing you earlier in the morning. We had the silver tarp and the shade umbrella.

As for the perchana, I think they were full...on our pre-lunch dive we were at about 5 feet heading for the far NW corner and out of nowhere a can of easy cheese came sailing out off the bottom from around the plane. Missed my head by about a foot!

I didn't investigate, but I'm sure there were some shenanigans happening with the local food chain. Either that or the perch have a space program and I saw one of their rockets.

Debraw:
We just got back from CSSP. Water temp was 65 degrees. That's not to bad but coupled with the 15 MPH North wind, it was brutal! I was cold and I am not usually that cold natured.

You missed the best part of the day, Debra. After the sun came out it was a beautiful day, and it actually warmed up quite a bit. We got several really nice dives in, and I actually got a sunburn on my face. Too bad you couldn't stay and visit, we had a great time with the bunch from Scuba Steve's.

I almost went over to the Scuba Steve site but we were kind of in a rush to get back to the shop and finish a service job for the day. I was just plain cold and had forgotten my hair brush and a towel. I can't wait till summer.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom