Saturday 21st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divnmyk

Registered
Reaction score
The thriving metropolis of Oakdale, California
# of dives
50 - 99
My buddy and I were hoping to dive breakwater or next to El Torito this weekend just to be able to get wet. I know there's a storm coming in "sometime" this weekend and I'd hate to make the trek if it's going to be blown out. The weather channel (and weather.com) is saying mostly cloudy and only 10% chance of rain. My question to everyone in the area - what are the local tv stations saying?
Thanks.

Saturday doesn't look bad at all

SAT
E WINDS 5 KT. WIND WAVES 1 FT OR LESS. W SWELL 3 TO 6 FT
AND SW 2 FT.

SAT NIGHT
S WINDS 10 TO 20 KT. WIND WAVES 2 TO 4 FT. MIXED
SWELL NW 4 TO 7 FT AND SW 3 FT. CHANCE OF RAIN.

SUN
SE WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 5 FT. W SWELL 5 TO 6
FT AND SW 2 TO 3 FT. RAIN.

Divnmyk,

Hope this is somewhat useful. Looks like some rain will come in.

SAT
E WINDS 5 KT. WIND WAVES 1 FT OR LESS. W SWELL 4 TO 7 FT
AND S 2 FT.

SAT NIGHT
S WINDS 10 TO 20 KT. WIND WAVES 2 TO 4 FT. MIXED
SWELL NW 4 TO 6 FT AND S 3 FT. CHANCE OF RAIN.

SUN
SE WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 5 FT. W SWELL 4 TO 7
FT AND S 2 TO 3 FT. RAIN.

Rob

Thanks for posting this. I'm more worried because our check-out dives 2 weekends ago were canceled after paying for 1 night's lodging, breakfast, and gas from San Francisco. I know it happens, but I just want to get certified already!!! Trying again this weekend. :|

The ambient weather isnt always an indicator of the oceans conditions. Using the link the Chuck posted is a very good start, I also like to use the NOAA monterey bay forecast (also linked off Chucks page).

Cool.
Thanks again everybody! I hate making the trip over and then not be able to get in.
I've even dove in 3-5 ft vis just because we made the trip and I didn't want to turn around and drive back. I can deal with the surge, low vis and even waves up to a couple of feet, but I hate getting out in the wind and rain.

Whats wrong with a little rain, the ocean is pretty wet after all!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom