Satire on a thousand ways to die

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting. The one option for redundant buoyancy that you skipped was ditchable lead. The likelihood of a runway buoyant ascent with a DSMB or lift bag (especially if you are clipped onto it seems very high). My wetsuit rig is set up so I could, if absolutely necessary, ditch increments of lead (two weight pouches and a weight belt).
The purpose of redundant buoyancy is to provide safety in situations in which dichable lead is not an option.

OK, well I stand corrected. I was taught (and told my students) the cart was for emergency surface flotation.
I think at some point when instructors and manufacturers realized that these were ACTUALLY dangerous when used for ascent, they started teaching that they were for surface use only. Before that, I think they were used for ascent from depth in cases such as diver using single stage double hose regulator (therefore with no IP hoses to use to inflate and possibly no air in their lungs if they went OoA or flooded their loop at depth) or other situation where lift was needed in an emergency and this was thought to be a good way to accomplish that.

In case anyone does not know yet, I have uploaded episodes 2 and 3 to our YouTube channel. #2 is on yummy yellow and #3 is on redundant bcd bladders. Please subscribe if you find these interesting or entertaining.

I've now watched all 3 of these, and only the first one really takes the tack of "this might kill you" Also, none of them seem to cover the satirical angle you stated as your primary goal in the original post. Finally, I wonder why you stopped making these 9 months ago (in the same month you started) when you still have 997 more to go to reach 1000 ways to die in SCUBA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom