Satellite radio mounting question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miserkris

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all!

I have a Sirius Stratus6 radio in my 07 toyota Rav4. I hated the suction cup for the radio and so used velcro to mount to the dash. It always melts in hot sun and radio falls off to the side.
The Radio wires come in from the right side dash corner.

What's the easiest way to mount the Radio to the dash? Is there a glue that does not melt away or a velcro that can't melt in the sun?

Pls advice
Thx
kris

A diving solution would be Aquaseal. Most divers have a tube around. Find yours, then go to the dive shop and replace it because it's all hard and nasty. Sticks to most everything clean....

Try 3M VHB tape if you can find some. There might be some adhesive velcro mounts that use VHB as well. For a more permanent solution: 5-minute epoxy.

So the above 2 items will be heat resistant in a hot car?

So the above 2 items will be heat resistant in a hot car?

Don't know VHB tape, the aquaseal and 5 minute epoxy will be.

the red vhb tape is used to stick on accessories to vehicles such as window vent visors you see on a lot of cars now. both surfaces have to be clean but works well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom