Sat. June 21st Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So far tentative schedule then:

Date: Saturday June 21
Place: Laguna (Site TBD)
Time: Meet at 7-8am (suggestions here)
At least a couple of dives I assume..

I'm new to your group and love to dive this Sat. Anyone interested in Diver's cove, North Cresent or Reef Point?

I love night dives and if anyone interested in a night dive during weeknights, please email me at leebobo@gmail.com

Steve

As far as I'm concerned, all are welcome to this dive. I am planning to have two tanks and if people want to get fills and make a day of it I might be up for that too.

As far as dive site I'm open but will wait and see how many are interested because parking can become a factor in Laguna. Aside from Crescent/Shaws, Montage, Mountain st(or something like that) I really don't know the other spots.

Also I see Rick has posted a dive for Sunday for anyone interested.

I would like to hit Laguna on Sat. still provided interest remains :)

Seems like interest is real high for Laguna. If I counted correctly, I think there is 5 or 6 of us already. I just created an event on the calendar page:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/calendar.php?c=46

If we all RSVP on the above link then we can make sure not to miss anyone Saturday morning.

I will do 2 dives and can be easilly persuaded into more. All the spots are good with me.

My only suggestion might be North Crescent / Deadmans Reef. From my limited experience it seems like that area can have an advantage when local visibility is low due to the depth and distance from the wave action from shore. Plus I just kinda have a thing for that spot, I kinda like it. I haven't been reading or hearing good things about the visibility lately anywhere :(

I am open to any suggestions I'm just not personally familiar with too many Laguna sites since most of my diving has been with BC's up north :) Ironic the closest dive spots to me I have the least exposure to...

Thanks Ren for posting it on the calendar. I wasn't really sure about doing it. Didn't wanna step on Ricks toes and post something to the BC calendar. I wasn't sure what the protocol is for that...

And on that note, I kinda hope we can get a group that has some interested in more LA to Laguna area diving so the BC's can take over the WHOLE LA, Ventura, OC area :) With gas prices getting the way they are it makes sense for some of us more Southerly located to try and get some more local diving in , maybe start scheduling some of these every couple of weeks, on days when Rick has nothing scheduled for the BC Ventura area. Last thing I want to do though is interfere with the core BC dives...

Place: Laguna (Sugestions: Moss St. Cress St. North Crescent, Reef Point)
Time: Meet at 7 am
Two Tanks (or more)

I wish I wish I could. But im going to be working the scuba show. two weekends of laguna and not being able to go thats making me depresed :( expecialy because i know people would carpool with me

My only suggestion might be North Crescent / Deadmans Reef. From my limited experience it seems like that area can have an advantage when local visibility is low due to the depth and distance from the wave action from shore. Plus I just kinda have a thing for that spot, I kinda like it. I haven't been reading or hearing good things about the visibility lately anywhere :(

I am open to any suggestions I'm just not personally familiar with too many Laguna sites since most of my diving has been with BC's up north :) Ironic the closest dive spots to me I have the least exposure to...

Thanks Ren for posting it on the calendar. I wasn't really sure about doing it. Didn't wanna step on Ricks toes and post something to the BC calendar. I wasn't sure what the protocol is for that...

And on that note, I kinda hope we can get a group that has some interested in more LA to Laguna area diving so the BC's can take over the WHOLE LA, Ventura, OC area :) With gas prices getting the way they are it makes sense for some of us more Southerly located to try and get some more local diving in , maybe start scheduling some of these every couple of weeks, on days when Rick has nothing scheduled for the BC Ventura area. Last thing I want to do though is interfere with the core BC dives...

Place: Laguna (Sugestions: Moss St. Cress St. North Crescent, Reef Point)
Two Tanks (or more)

Hey Nick, let's go with your suggestion of north Crescent/Deadmans reef.Hopefully nobody objects to that site.

Fine by me. I wasn't really gonna say it till I saw Leebobo up here post it. Better to just pick a site now rather than be wishy washy all week and decide by committee.

So the plan is:

Place: Laguna ,North Crescent / Deadman's Reef
Two Tanks (or more)

RSVP on the calendar please so we can get a idea how many people are going. Also remember this is a pretty busy area at times for divers and parking can be a premium.

Here's (hopefully if it works) the area to meet. At the north-most staircase. Also I put in a marker to the upper neighborhood parking area in case the other area is full. Hopefully everyones at the Scuba Show instead of diving :)

Meeting Location

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom