Sat. 5/28 meet 8:00AM Datura: Farwell Marc & Family

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeJacobs

Reaction score
Marc and his daughter are finally leaving us for good. Join us for one last shore dive!

Plan to be in the water no later than 8:15. Due to Memorial Day parking issues, we're meeting on Datura. Anybody parking at Hibiscus - we'll coordinate entry by cell phone, OK?

We may also be doing a 10:30 dive from Hibiscus with Greg... don't know if I can do it that late but he's ready to get wet! Somebody post another activity if it looks like enough wish to do so! Greg will be ready, he assures me.

Call if you have any questions 954 649.0666!

I'll be there with my brother and dad, we were planning a dive there anyways, so we may as well join up.

We will be the three raucous redheads. See you there.

Sounds good! Just need to find a bubble watcher.

Scuba_Jenny:
Sounds good! Just need to find a bubble watcher.

I'll know for sure later tonight when I get back to FLL, but the missus may be coming down to catch a few rays on the beach.

Marc

That was my first trip back to the old neighborhood since last season... the reef looks a little worn but it was still a pleasant dive. Taurpin are such BIG fish, aren't they?

Marc, I didn't want to distract you too much while you were gearing up for the 2nd dive, but it's been great diving with you over the last couple of years and we'll miss ya. Let me know how the dry suit works out.

Jenny, Julie is a real joy to have around and we hope we can play "sitter" again soon. She's so cute and low maintenance - just show her the pool! We had a blast together. The ribs turned out well your way, but I managed to dry the country style out a bit... next time I'll seal them in foil and then broil them to finish. I simply put them in the oven, took a nap, and when I woke up our guests were here and the food was ready! Long nap!

Best of all, it's clear summer is back. The turtles are laying, the afternoons are stormy and the evenings are sultry... I'm grateful for such gifts.

Marc and Melissa, good diving with ya. So sorry to see ya go, I hope you come back for a visit often!
Mike, thanks for taking Hermit Crab, I am glad you and Lori had a nice time, glad to hear the dinner went (relatively) well. Also, was a pleasure just hanging out poolside. My knees are all burnt, but, hey, it was fun!

Thanks Mike and Jenny for a great last dive at LBTS. Though I forgot my camera for the first dive, I got some great shots on the second one.

I'll be back as often as possible, so I'll be looking for dives with you guys.

Now off to the land of cold water, dry suits, and brown and green fish.

Thanks everyone.

Marc

IMG_6161b.JPG

Scuba Jenny

IMG_6144b.JPG

Melissa

IMG_6177b.JPG

Yours Truly

IMG_6149b.JPG

Sea Fan

IMG_6169b.JPG

Octopus