Sartek vs Green Force

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveAK

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all,
Can anyone give me info on Sartek vs Green force HID lights? Im going with a 10W HID, and a more specific question is how durable are the sartek heads? I know the green force are indestrutible. Help please!

I normally dive with a GreenForce 10w HID, but have used a Sartek once. Both nice lights. How did you come to choose these two?

I use a Sartek 10w HID. I like the light quite a bit. It gets bounced around a lot and seems to work fine. Sometimes the bulb comes loose and I have to re-set it.

I have broken a bulb once.

Jerry

I have both a sartek 10w and the greenforce 21w lights...

The sartek 10w was a great starter light when the 10w was the newest thing.
I had no problems with the sartek at all throughout its primary lifespan.
No leaks.. I had to rebuild the cord once due to continous use.
I will say that the bulb is very fragile and will not hold out if dropped to many times.

The greenforce 21w light that I have now I like better. The bulb is a sealed one and
is not as fragile as the sartek one. The greenforce battery canister is a sealed unit.
Which means no leaks, but you cant get into it.

I have had no problems w/ the greenforce... I prefer the greenforce over the sartek.

bob

Fort Collins Bob:
I have both a sartek 10w and the greenforce 21w lights...

The sartek 10w was a great starter light when the 10w was the newest thing.
I had no problems with the sartek at all throughout its primary lifespan.
No leaks.. I had to rebuild the cord once due to continous use.
I will say that the bulb is very fragile and will not hold out if dropped to many times.

The greenforce 21w light that I have now I like better. The bulb is a sealed one and
is not as fragile as the sartek one. The greenforce battery canister is a sealed unit.
Which means no leaks, but you cant get into it.

I have had no problems w/ the greenforce... I prefer the greenforce over the sartek.

bob
The problem with a fragile bulb was true with the W/A bulbs. I tried for many years to get them to make the bulb stem more rugged and shock proof. They were the only game in town back then. When another lamp manufacturer became available, I asked them the same thing and they complied. So, the lamp we are using for well over a year is much more rugged,has a higher light output. For customers that have the old lamp, we have made it possible to use the new lamp as a replacement. The Sartek 21 watt and the 21/13 watt switchable use the same manufacturer's rugged lamps now.

diveAK:
Hey all,
Can anyone give me info on Sartek vs Green force HID lights? Im going with a 10W HID, and a more specific question is how durable are the sartek heads? I know the green force are indestrutible. Help please!

Hi DiveAK,

Thanks for your interest in Green Force. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask or send a PM.

Thanks - Greg

I've got the GreenForce Flex III battery and 21 Watt HID light. I'm very happy with it and has never failed me. You gotta admire the flexibility of their system! I plan on picking up a 10Watt HID for night dives in the near future. I'm still waiting to pick up a soft goodman handle though :wink:

Whale Whisperer:
I've got the GreenForce Flex III battery and 21 Watt HID light. I'm very happy with it and has never failed me. You gotta admire the flexibility of their system! I plan on picking up a 10Watt HID for night dives in the near future. I'm still waiting to pick up a soft goodman handle though :wink:

Whale Whisperer, check out our low Rider goodman handle, you'll like it :D

Back
Top Bottom