Sarnia Underwater Club Presents-Jim and Pat Stayer-Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ryshannon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This is the first reminder that the next regular meeting of the Sarnia Underwater Club is scheduled for Wednesday March 10 at the Ups and Downs on Front Street in Sarnia.
As has been the practice, several of us meet for dinner downstairs around 6:00, with the meeting upstairs at 7:30 sharp.
This month our friends Jim and Pat Stayer, from Out Of The Blue Productions will be presenting work from their latest trip to the Maldives. The Maldives is a chain of 26 atolls stretching across the equator, in the Indian Ocean, southwest of India. This country is composed of over 1190 emerald islands, most of them uninhabited, and countless reefs and shallows that form a unique eco system that attracts an amazing diversity of marine life. From huge schools of mantas to morays and wrasse to whalesharks, the fish life is incredible. Join the Jim and Pat as they share their experiences traveling through the Maldives, from the seldom dove southern atolls to the more well known atolls of the north.
Also if you haven’t paid your membership dues, or you would like to sign on to the two dive trips that Chris and Mike Napran have organized for us or the dive trip to Tobermory, you may do so at this meeting.

this location is on my 'bucket list'....how did it look? what time of year did they travel to Maldives? Thanks

It was amazing, definitely on my bucket list now. I believe they traveled there in the fall, Jim is heading back to shoot some more this year. We seen Jim & Pat again last weekend at the The Niagara Divers' Association shipwreck Symposium.
They are still working on editing the Maldives DVD, as soon as it is available I will recommend you watch or purchase it. Jim & Pat both recommended the liveaboad they were on. Scuba Tours was the company that Jim & Pat did the DVD for.
Maldives Liveaboards-Scuba Diving Holidays Worldwide Dive Tours| Maldives Scuba Tours and Scuba Tours Worldwide
Also if your interested in acquiring the DVD once Jim has completed it, you can order it through
Out of the Blue Productions

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom