Santi medium boots and Hollis F1s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Is there anyone out there using a Santi medium boot with the Hollis F1s? And if so which is a better fit/fits the Large or XL?

For reference, I wear a 6US 5mm wet boot in L Jets but the medium Santi boots with socks etc will not fit the jets, I remember the Hollis F1s in my wet boot were too big but am unsure if they will be big enough or even too small with the Santi medium boots.

I can't try on as they are not sold here in Japan so will need to buy online, I can always exchange sizes but with the weight approaching 8lbs the associated freight costs will be spendy. Cheers.

I'll try another angle:

Does anyone know the foot pocket comparison between a large F1, a large Jet and an XL Jet?

I figure if I can find out what is larger or smaller by process of elimination might be able to make a more accurate guess.

I know the Santi medium boot will not fit the large Jet, am trying to find locally an XL Jet to try. I figure if the large F1 is bigger than the Large Jet and the same size or smaller than the XL Jet then a large F1 might just work. Cheers.

Hi Buddahsummer:

I usually wear a size 8.5 (US) shoe. With my Whites Fusion drysuit, Weezle Socks and Scubapro Boots (Size 9), my XL Hollis F1 fins work beautifully. If I wore my wetsuit booties, I probably would have to go a size smaller. If I opted for a Turbo Sole (DUI) or Flex Sole (Santi), I most likely would have to use a size Large fin, perhaps even smaller. I have seen the Jet Fins and the foot pockets look quite small. Also, the bottom of the foot pocket doesn't seem to extend farther out to the heel too much as well. I would think that this would rob the fin of additional torque and power.

Hi Buddahsummer:

I usually wear a size 8.5 (US) shoe. With my Whites Fusion drysuit, Weezle Socks and Scubapro Boots (Size 9), my XL Hollis F1 fins work beautifully. If I wore my wetsuit booties, I probably would have to go a size smaller. If I opted for a Turbo Sole (DUI) or Flex Sole (Santi), I most likely would have to use a size Large fin, perhaps even smaller. I have seen the Jet Fins and the foot pockets look quite small. Also, the bottom of the foot pocket doesn't seem to extend farther out to the heel too much as well. I would think that this would rob the fin of additional torque and power.

Cheers for the info. It's very helpful. Do you happen to know if the XL F1 foot pocket is bigger than an XL Jet? Or if the F1 regular is bigger than a large jet?

---------- Post added November 30th, 2013 at 11:07 PM ----------

Ok, getting closer. I tried on some XL Jets and they fit fine. Does anyone know how the XL Jet pocket compares to Large Hollis F1? Cheers

I feel weird wearing 4XL Santi. But for comparison, XXL jetfin is smaller than XXL F1 so I guess it would be pretty much the same for XL and LG/regular. If the XL jet fits, just go with what you tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel weird wearing 4XL Santi. But for comparison, XXL jetfin is smaller than XXL F1 so I guess it would be pretty much the same for XL and LG/regular. If the XL jet fits, just go with what you tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers, I ended up ordering large F1s which should arrive in the next day or so, thanks DGX, I hope they fit.

Back
Top Bottom