Santi leaking...again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
My Santi Emotion has sprung another leak, it's a pin hole, it's in the same area as my other pin hole leaks, looks like my plate is rubbing and causing the pin holes. The fabric seems very delicate. I digress, the last time my suit was repaired I think aquaseal was used, it wasn't patched. I'm wondering if any one can confirm aquaseal is ok to use. I'm not in a financial position to get the suit repaired so need to do it myself. I'm hoping I can find it locally, well not my city but hopefully Tokyo. If not, I'll get it from DGX. Is this the product I need?

B6675BB1-9954-4945-8762-C63C56B9E118.png

I'm thinking gluing a neoprene (?) patch over the back where the wear from the plate rubbing is noticeable in an attempt to stop these pin holes from occurring so frequently. Can I use aquaseal to glue the neoprene to my suit?

Thanks in advance for any help/pointers. Cheers.

While I don't have an E.Motion, I've patched multiple suits with aquaseal including a TLS350 and an E.Lite. If you can, try and pick up a pack that includes cotol as I've had better luck when mixing the two.

Aquaseal is fine to use on the inside. If you can find the Aquaseal that comes with Cotol, even better. It greatly reduces the cure time and I think can be used to clean the area prior to gluing.

I had an E-motion that leaked from day one, and a lot of it was in the lower back as you describe. The suit went back to the Canadian repair facility three times and each time, it tested fine. Eventually, I figured that the material just wept water when it was stretched tight.

Eventually, Halcyon facilitated a replacement suit (Plus) from SANTI, even though they were not involved as distributor of the suit when I bought it and I'm eternally grateful to them.

My own feeling is the the eMotion material is simply too light and given the variability in materials manufacturing, "some" of the suits just aren't up to snuff.

I baby my suit, I'd not buy another Emotion. I agree, the material is not strong enough, certainly not for regular use. Trying to squirrel away pennies when I can for a replacement suit but that's likely to take me at least a year probably two, no idea what to buy next. The only suit that will "fit" me off the rack is a Fusuon otherwise I need to go custom which living in Japan is problematic. I need my current suit to hold up for two more winter seasons, fingers crossed. Thanks for the reply, appreciated.

Aquaseal is fine for fixing a pin hole. Just make sure you put tape or something on the other side of the suit for when the glue expands you don't want it making a mess.

I used a dab of Aquaseal to repair a pinhole on my elite about a year and a half ago. Still holding up fine. Suit gets a lot of use.

So I can just put a dab on the hole inside and leave it a few days to cure? can I use a heat gun to expedite it? My next dive isn't until May 3rd so I guess have time just to let it sit, I don't currently own a heat gun. Cheers.

Last edited:
I’ve repaired some good sized rips in dry suits with aquaseal, repair on inside for larger holes and either side for little ones, on bigger ones I’ll add some fibers to add strength, like from a cut up towel.

I don’t see why it wouldn’t work for putting a protective patch on a wear point, I use it to make knife sheathes without any stitching, stitching hurts my hands to much now days. So long as the suit is clean and dry it should stick well with good fiber penetration.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom